Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter 2011/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

kstand wrote: »
    Monday 15th of November last year was the date the first real thread appeared regarding the cold that appeared on the charts that was about to sweep over the country:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056090424

Quite a way to go before then, a good 4 to 5 weeks.
    On another thread a week before that, the temperature had reached 18 degrees in London.
    So right now, hard to know what way it will go, other than to say its getting nearer that time every day.

why are them charts dated for next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

jimmy.d wrote: »

Dont know but look at the dates and time of the posts. Not all the charts are like that.
    The cold didnt get rightly going uintil about the 21st of November last year and beyond. So we're still a fair way off that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭srocliffe

jimmy.d wrote: »

It's a standard problem with posting direct links to charts from these weather sites, they are continually updated so are useless unless you view them at the time of posting.

Apparently you have to post it as a picture instead

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭ff9999

Are we in store for another snowy winter? I have heard mixed forecasts (probably unreliable) but some seem to think we could have snow by the end of October? Surely it's too early.. I can definitely feel the cold over the last few days! I, for one, welcome the snow :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

ff9999 wrote: »
    Are we in store for another snowy winter? I have heard mixed forecasts (probably unreliable) but some seem to think we could have snow by the end of October? Surely it's too early.. I can definitely feel the cold over the last few days! I, for one, welcome the snow :cool:

No snow for the end of October, unless your on a mountain in Donegal, no body really knows to be honest, If you read Mt's winter forecast you might get a better idea

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭bb1234567

is anyone else losing hope in this winter for no real reason? i know theresmore signs pointing to a cold winter than a mild one, more forecasters too but i dont know why i sort of wouldnt be surprised if it were mild this year :( its sort of 40:60 for me, might be normal,horrible,wet boring or may be very cold respectively.but i'll hold out hope :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭Heroditas

bb1234567 wrote: »
    is anyone else losing hope in this winter for no real reason? i know theresmore signs pointing to a cold winter than a mild one, more forecasters too but i dont know why i sort of wouldnt be surprised if it were mild this year :( its sort of 40:60 for me, might be normal,horrible,wet boring or may be very cold respectively.but i'll hold out hope :D

I'd be happy with a reasonably dry, cold, crisp winter. If it snows, that'll be a very nice bonus.
    What I definitely don't want is a mild, wet, windy winter.
    The country appears to be rotting after all this recent mild wet weather. Mould, moss and fungus appearing everywhere. It's like something out of Pirates of the Caribbean and Davy Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

I am starting to lose hope but I am still prepareing just in case.

Negative comments seem to stick more than positive ones. (Depending on your point of view):D

No snow for the end of October, unless your on a mountain in Donegal, no body really knows to be honest, If you read Mt's winter forecast you might get a better idea

Thanks I'll be sure to have a look! Fingers crossed anyway just love the way everything looks covered in snow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Strangegravy

NOOOOOO!!! If bb1234567 loses faith then what hope is there for the rest of us! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kn2k10

It snowed in Meath at around 2am this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

kn2k10 wrote: »

where abouts did this happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Proof!

No picture, no snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

where abouts did this happen.

In dreamland :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Conor30

Dreams don't count!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

Anybody here subscribe to Weatherbell or knows any site that has copies of Joe Bastardi's blogs? Would be interested to hear his views on the coming winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Lucreto wrote: »
    I am starting to lose hope but I am still prepareing just in case.

Negative comments seem to stick more than positive ones. (Depending on your point of view):D

i know so true about the negative comments if you like snow that is. there needs to be about a 9 to 1 ratio of positive to neg comments just to keep everyone hopeful:(

i know so true about the negative comments if you like snow that is. there needs to be about a 9 to 1 ratio of positive to neg comments just to keep everyone hopeful:(

Doylem on dailymail forums is very good at it. I hate it when the mods finish for the day with a Doylem comment on top it will cause a lot of comments on his trolling.

Possibly some good news for snow lovers from PWS
    But, despair not. Some disruptive snow there will be – most likely in December across a number of regions. There will also be some uncomfortably expensive cold, most especially in northern, central and eastern areas and particularly during December and January: Very bad co-incidence with many of the areas and communities that are feeling most acutely the current economic negativity.

http://www.positiveweathersolutions.co.uk/PWS-Comment-Extra---Winter-2011-12.php

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Also the same people who predicted the 30+ degrees for our summer:rolleyes:

Long range forecasting just seems totally unreliable but hopefully they've got it right with snow this winter

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I think it's way too early to start getting dissapointed, winter hasnt even started yet with 5 months of possible lamppost watching just around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭odyboody

For the first time this autumn had to scrape Ice off the windscreen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

ff9999 wrote: »
    Also the same people who predicted the 30+ degrees for our summer:rolleyes:

There was 30+ degrees!

(You just had to spread it out over a few days....)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

First frozen windscreen this morning :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

First frozen windscreen this morning :D

Wow! Where was that ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

The Councils for once have plenty of grit for the winter so you can be pretty much guaranteed that they won't need it. Mild winter on it's way!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Had the car alert me for the first time that the temp hit 4c, passing roundwood this morning. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Wow! Where was that ?

Not sure if serious :confused: Waterford :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement