Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter 2011/2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

First here was on the 25th I think :)

Interesting charts today, GFS and GEM going for more of the same but ECM and UKMO have a high building over Greenland. As weathercheck said FI seems to start as early as 120h at the moment, the ECM run later will be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

First heavy snow in the south east was Saturday November 27th!

Rrea00120101127.gif

Does it look like the south east may see more snow this year? I hope so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Not unless u can get rid of the dreaded IOMS :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

Can somebody tell me where to get all the lovely colourful charts. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

TURRICAN wrote: »

try here

click suite to go well into fi ...

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?ech=6&code=0&mode=1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

NIALL D wrote: »

try here

click suite to go well into fi ...

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?ech=6&code=0&mode=1

Cheers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Kalemm63

the look of the sky 2night is hopeful .. i don't no what it is but i just think the clouds are the snowy colour .. haha it's all in my head probably but just reading all these posts excites me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭missrandomer

Kalemm63 wrote: »
    the look of the sky 2night is hopeful .. i don't no what it is but i just think the clouds are the snowy colour .. haha it's all in my head probably but just reading all these posts excites me :)

so weird... was thinkin very same think myself this evnin comin home bout five. It just had that funny snowy look about it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Kalemm63

so weird... was thinkin very same think myself this evnin comin home bout five. It just had that funny snowy look about it! :D

yeah i taut it was all in my head .. at least im not the only 1 :) lets just hope when get in the mornin the place will be covered in snow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Conor30

Also have a look at www.wetterzentrale.de

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 lilzor

so anyone know the day when we can see the first snow ?
    btw it is going to be like last year ?
    like few days of heavy snow or it is going to be longer this year ?

lilzor wrote: »

1.If we knew that we would all be rich
    2.If we knew that we would all be rich...
    3.If we knew that we.... would be rich..

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

lilzor wrote: »

Nobody knows x3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Totally confused, one minute its a super mild November, next minute its a super cold November, Oh the joys of Irish weather :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Anyone know when we will have conrete predictions for the end of November ?

Heyes wrote: »
    Totally confused, one minute its a super mild November, next minute its a super cold November, Oh the joys of Irish weather :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Anyone know when we will have conrete predictions for the end of November ?

Theres answer in your post ... ;)

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Theres answer in your post ... ;)

Figured as much ;)

Im hoping for snow in Dec but none in November (just chilly), based on the threads over the last while, it might just happen that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Caff Caff

Ok...my accuweather has said its been 10degrees since flippin 5pm!! I stuck the ceann out the window just now and it's simply not so. The temperature, in my opinion (I realise I am no expert...ok I know very very little but sweet lamb of divine...), feels colder than that. snow will come by November 22nd...why? No idea, I just made it up but it will come. We all know it!

Correction...my accuweather has now just gone up to 11degrees... I know that cloud coverage is the cause here but it still don't feel like no 11degrees! The weather is all confused it seems...

Caff Caff wrote: »
    Ok...my accuweather has said its been 10degrees since flippin 5pm!! I stuck the ceann out the window just now and it's simply not so. The temperature, in my opinion (I realise I am no expert...ok I know very very little but sweet lamb of divine...), feels colder than that. snow will come by November 22nd...why? No idea, I just made it up but it will come. We all know it!

Boo to that - December please !!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

The first thing of note is them automated services are usually wide of the mark APS,Websites and the like, the reason being is that they just go from the model runs and not the actual events.

You will find real data /temps on the met.ie or http://www.nratraffic.ie/weather/default.asp?RegionId=0
    or the Irish weather network http://www.irelandsweather.com/

The met and NRA stations run on the hour and the IWN is usually every 15 mins .

The IWN stations are Amateur stations if you like as there records are not taken into account by met eireann but some of the people are using serious pieces of kit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Correction...my accuweather has now just gone up to 11degrees... I know that cloud coverage is the cause here but it still don't feel like no 11degrees! The weather is all confused it seems...

Dublin airport 11c at 11 P.M. so accu pretty much spot on.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Dublin airport 11c at 11 P.M. so accu pretty much spot on.

And Casement is at 9c depends where there location is really.

But looking at the map on The Irish Weather Network site between 10-11 seems to be on the money

180657.png

This is a screen shot from the :http://www.irelandsweather.com/

Heyes wrote: »

Boo to that - December please !!

How about November AND December? It will b (hopefully) similar to last year.

Who knows? sit back and enjoy the ride :D
    Being honest cant see a repeat of the snow that happened in Dublin just before xmas. That was a very unusual set up!
    A repeat of the late November set up would be much more likely at any stage over the winter months.

The first thing of note is them automated services are usually wide of the mark APS,Websites and the like, the reason being is that they just go from the model runs and not the actual events.

You will find real data /temps on the met.ie or http://www.nratraffic.ie/weather/default.asp?RegionId=0
    or the Irish weather network http://www.irelandsweather.com/

The met and NRA stations run on the hour and the IWN is usually every 15 mins .

The IWN stations are Amateur stations if you like as there records are not taken into account by met eireann but some of the people are using serious pieces of kit.

My accuweather updates quite regularly (hourly). I live quite close to the airport (15mins) so it seems to be correct but as I said...it doesn't feel right. The weeks forecast is pretty much 8-13degrees for the week but interestingly we had two nights of below zero temps just gone. possibly an indicator and we are now to experience the calm before the storm. Well, they are saying the wknd looming will see unsettled wind and rain that will be heavy at times. I rather look out for the signs in nature than really trust weather stations or anything like that. Hunter gatherers never needed Martin King! Nature would always keep us forewarned. so keep the senses sharp people... god I hope it snows and all these predictions are not just a bunch of shammers with a sound investment in winter/snow gear ie. shoe grips, tyre socks etc. Probably should have jumped on that wagon too... Brrrr...

Who knows? sit back and enjoy the ride :D
    Being honest cant see a repeat of the snow that happened in Dublin just before xmas. That was a very unusual set up!
    A repeat of the late November set up would be much more likely at any stage over the winter months.

Ah yes, the ride is all we got but rightly so, enjoying it is the only way. Unusual but not crazy, considering there is quite a plethora of unusual activity all over the globe. I am becoming less and less convinced it will snow but one can hope. I best Iron my shorts and three quarter lengths(not a pretty sight)with d temps rising and not dropping.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

MET UK is having none of the cold for the end of the month.

UK Outlook for Tuesday 22 Nov 2011 to Tuesday 6 Dec 2011:

Temperatures should remain largely above normal for the first part of the period, with variable amounts of cloud around and mostly dry weather, especially in the south and east of the UK. Towards the end of November and into the start of December, temperatures are likely to return to near normal for the time of year, together with more unsettled conditions bringing occasional spells of rain interspersed with drier, clearer conditions in between.

Updated: 1212 on Mon 7 Nov 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Pangea wrote: »
    MET UK is having none of the cold for the end of the month.

UK Outlook for Tuesday 22 Nov 2011 to Tuesday 6 Dec 2011:

Temperatures should remain largely above normal for the first part of the period, with variable amounts of cloud around and mostly dry weather, especially in the south and east of the UK. Towards the end of November and into the start of December, temperatures are likely to return to near normal for the time of year, together with more unsettled conditions bringing occasional spells of rain interspersed with drier, clearer conditions in between.

Updated: 1212 on Mon 7 Nov 2011

About as accurate as caff caff's ironing forecast really. I want Owenc and John1994 back, all is forgiven! :D

Still 11degrees out and no frost...obviously!! Well...it seems we will be "bitterly" disappointed unless we see some major changes like the past two nights. It's all over the place. Now it actually feels mild. Damn you!!!!

• Advertisement

Still 11degrees out and no frost...obviously!! Well...it seems we will be "bitterly" disappointed unless we see some major changes like the past two nights. It's all over the place. Now it actually feels mild. Damn you!!!!

The 2 frosty nights were due to a ridge of high pressure from the south. That set up would be as far away from snow as a raging south westerly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement