Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter 2011/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

The conditions upstream are cack for sustained cold for sometime to come. We are as far away from a blocking as we could possibly be :(

In total we are guaranteed temperatures of only 3~15 continuum all winter not a whisp of snow I'm afraid

*Adds above members to ignore list

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Pheranium isn't even a word according to google, cant decide whether that guy is extremely knowledge or just trolling!

Anyway, tonight's GFS is showing a decent northerly next week, obviously well in FI but it would give some snowfall for those of us in the north at least. I'd gladly take that for now, another 3 or 4 months worth of potential for cold and snow so no need for the obsession with a blocking pattern this early

gfs-1-252_hwe2.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

It's amazing - this is the 1864th post of this thread, and yet not a sniff of a cold spell yet. Has to be a record? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

No 1865 is a record!:D

Not much snow but lots of wind to come! thats kinda exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Always wanted to break a record... yeah me! \O/ :D

Now if you nice people would stop educating me on the myriad of things that will make snow impossible, I could go back to being an ordinary decent human again...grrrrr :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭ff9999

'Tis cold out there now lads

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭zeppe

Bloody mild here:D

This staurday last year I was waking up to our first big snowfall...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

Harps wrote: »
    Pheranium isn't even a word according to google, cant decide whether that guy is extremely knowledge or just trolling!

Anyway, tonight's GFS is showing a decent northerly next week, obviously well in FI but it would give some snowfall for those of us in the north at least. I'd gladly take that for now, another 3 or 4 months worth of potential for cold and snow so no need for the obsession with a blocking pattern this early

gfs-1-252_hwe2.png

That post had Troll written all over it all right

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Conor30

Harps wrote: »

He's clearly trolling!!!! His first part makes zero sense and is just a p***take!
    The pheranium ph equelect has fulminated at a reduced ordinance of 340orx the residue foloscope points to a grevix rise of .4zq creating a 75/3 blq

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭bb1234567

netweather,another forecaster who now thinks jan/feb could be the timeframe for the very cold weather in uk this winter. seems most forecasters at the start though nov/dec could be very cold but most now seem to think itll be jan and feb when uk gets some very cold weather and snow:D still hope for now anyway..
    seems piers corbyn is the only one who still thinks the severe cold or worst of the cold will still be in end of nov/dec.
    netweather,bastardi,vogan,madden(thinks all months will be very cold),peter odonnell,harry kershaw,brian gaze,weather online,weather logistics uk...all think end of december,jan,feb time will be when the real cold comes.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=winter-forecast-summary-2011;sess=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

The pheranium ph equelect has fulminated at a reduced ordinance of 340orx the residue foloscope points to a grevix rise of .4zq creating a 75/3 blq

In total we are guaranteed temperatures of only 3~15 continuum all winter not a whisp of snow I'm afraid

2341fascinating.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 captain Kane man

The initial marginal dispaities regulating the pherombonolic upward molecular symbiant vacuum pulse, is once again permeating through to the inner composite of the prevailing quad ulnar.

This creates an additional deprecation of .64xs at a ferilation of 07sd in its standardized form, this allowing the ubuculous margin of 5.62oix

I reiterate that the temperate culmination will margin between 3-15c all winter, this is at a compressional standard.

The initial marginal dispaities regulating the pherombonolic upward molecular symbiant vacuum pulse, is once again permeating through to the inner composite of the prevailing quad ulnar.

This creates an additional deprecation of .64xs at a ferilation of 07sd in its standardized form, this allowing the ubuculous margin of 5.62oix

I reiterate that the temperate culmination will margin between 3-15c all winter, this is at a compressional standard.

Yeah well that's easy for you to say!

The language of use in this forum is English, please use it or face a ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

How do you post an image?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Yeah very interesting stuff.While the video is brief and to the point i think the 40 slides really explain more of where he gets his conclusion from.So be sure to check all the slides just below video.
    bb1234567 wrote: »
    netweather,another forecaster who now thinks jan/feb could be the timeframe for the very cold weather in uk this winter. seems most forecasters at the start though nov/dec could be very cold but most now seem to think itll be jan and feb when uk gets some very cold weather and snow:D still hope for now anyway..
    seems piers corbyn is the only one who still thinks the severe cold or worst of the cold will still be in end of nov/dec.
    netweather,bastardi,vogan,madden(thinks all months will be very cold),peter odonnell,harry kershaw,brian gaze,weather online,weather logistics uk...all think end of december,jan,feb time will be when the real cold comes.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=winter-forecast-summary-2011;sess=

@ Derfil

182703.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Ah jaysus lads, is this a humour free zone. Can we not take a bit of satire. Its clearly a pisstake on that foreign language known as meteo-speak. Do we really want to live up to the stereotype that other areas of boards have of us as humourless weather nerds?

Most of the real meteo-speak is double dutch to most of the regulars here too bar the pro-ams. However I like to think of it like how they showed Antonio Banderas learning Norse in the first 15 minutes of the film 'The 13th Warrior'. where in the first few scenes we hear nothing but Norse but then start to here a few words of Arabic (well English because its an English language film but you get the point), then most of the words we here in Arabic/English and then all of the words. Thus showing Antonios' slow comprehenion of more and more Norse Words until he understands all of it and can speak it. Its like that for me with the meteo-speak. As time goes on, less and less of it reads like the posters double dutch satire as I understand more and more of it.

This slide tells alot.

182704.JPG

Calibos wrote: »
    Ah jaysus lads, is this a humour free zone. Can we not take a bit of satire. Its clearly a pisstake on that foreign language known as meteo-speak. Do we really want to live up to the stereotype that other areas of boards have of us as humourless weather nerds?

Most of the real meteo-speak is double dutch to most of the regulars here too bar the pro-ams. However I like to think of it like how they showed Antonio Banderas learning Norse in the first 15 minutes of the film 'The 13th Warrior'. where in the first few scenes we hear nothing but Norse but then start to here a few words of Arabic (well English because its an English language film but you get the point), then most of the words we here in Arabic/English and then all of the words. Thus showing Antonios' slow comprehenion of more and more Norse Words until he understands all of it and can speak it. Its like that for me with the meteo-speak. As time goes on, less and less of it reads like the posters double dutch satire as I understand more and more of it.

Except he's not writing meteo-speak, it's pure made up gibberish. If his only posts are this then it warrants a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Anyone know the name of the music in irish1967's video?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mcriot29

redsunset wrote: »
    This slide tells alot.

182704.JPG
    Big question now is when will ao start to dip todays outlook shows it going very high reminds me of the way it was pre 2008

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Anyone know the name of the music in irish1967's video?

Havent been on PC since you enquired. Can't seem to find it using iPhone. Working on it.

Edit: got it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfngXJMyoS4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

irish1967 wrote: »
    Havent been on PC since you enquired. Can't seem to find it using iPhone. Working on it.

Edit: got it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfngXJMyoS4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Thank you kindly. Mrs S really liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Su Campu wrote: »
    Except he's not writing meteo-speak, it's pure made up gibberish. If his only posts are this then it warrants a ban.

As to the second point, well I can agree that if he continued to post in a similar vein he would be crossing the line from gentle ribbing to trolling or it would become apparent that it was trolling all along but we can't make that assumption based on 2 posts even if those are his first two posts on boards. However much more and the Ban Hammer should indeed fall.

As to the first point, Eh, we know he's not writing real meteo-speak and that its gibberish. Thats why its a funny satire, because to someone who's never read a word in this forum, what he wrote and what you experts write sounds the same!! :D Its only because I've been reading this forum for a while that I know that, 'The ECM indicates that a Negative AO will cause Stratospheric feedback into the 950mb lines....' or something similar sounding is probably a real sentence and really means something, but that , "The initial marginal dispaities regulating the pherombonolic upward molecular symbiant vacuum pulse, is once again permeating through to the inner composite of the prevailing quad ulnar" is gibberish :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭blackius

I once wrote in a science essay " the gas filled fronds help the plant maintain a relationship with the perpendicular"
    My science teacher thought it funny!

I think a little levity never goes astray :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

mcriot29 wrote: »
    Big question now is when will ao start to dip todays outlook shows it going very high reminds me of the way it was pre 2008

And the day before it was going very negative and the day before it was going very positive and so on. The 14 days forecast for the teleconnections is far too changeable for it to mean too much atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭bb1234567

i have this horrible feeling we are back to the pattern of mild winters we got before the last 2 or 3 years:( seems more and more unlikely everyday we are in for a mild winter...really hope im wrong though...but even though i think this winter may be mild i cant help but feel that this winter might be a sort of 1963 or 1947 winter. so i either think this winter will be mild winter or else a 63 or 47 winter hoping for the latter:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mcriot29

bb1234567 wrote: »
    i have this horrible feeling we are back to the pattern of mild winters we got before the last 2 or 3 years:( seems more and more unlikely everyday we are in for a bad winter...really hope im wrong though...but even though i think this winter may be mild i cant help but feel that this winter might be a sort of 1963 or 1947 winter. so i either think this winter will be mild winter or else a 63 or 47 winter hoping for the latter:D:D
    Yep me too either a mild winter or one like 47 or 63

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

I think it will be more of a 1978/79 winter. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭only one

Wild Bill wrote: »
    I think it will be more of a 1978/79 winter. :cool:
    What was that winter like ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement