Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter 2011/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Might not be the correct date , doesnt look snow weather

182827.png

You will find all the charts for that day here

http://www.meteociel.com/modeles/archives/archives.php?day=18&month=11&year=2007&hour=12&map=0&mode=0

Thanks, for that,
    a old post of mine remind me this was first time, I saw Snow November and I showing my nephew who saw 3 months old at the time, snowflakes for first, it did settle for the night, but melted the next day!

We were meant to get rain but instead we got some snow http://www.4ni.co.uk/northern_ireland_news.asp?id=68669

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Finally things starting to look interesting !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

With conditions “set to deteriorate quickly,” the chances of a white winter have picked up for the UK.

“Frequent cold and above-average snow levels will soon hit the UK and Ireland,” warns Long Range weather forecaster James Madden. “It is therefore a logical conclusion that snowfall or temperature records could be broken within this defined time frame, or for the winter as a whole.”

“We can expect to be hurled into the full throws (sic) of real winter within weeks.”

“Snow will continue to affect Scotland and become more widespread within this region as we head into next week, with an increasing possibility of snow to lower parts of the UK and Ireland,” says Madden.

“The remainder of December as a whole is likely to feature largely below-average temperatures, with deep widespread snow accumulations across many parts of the UK and Ireland.”

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/prepare-for-record-snow-and-cold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Kippure wrote: »
    With conditions “set to deteriorate quickly,” the chances of a white winter have picked up for the UK.

“Frequent cold and above-average snow levels will soon hit the UK and Ireland,” warns Long Range weather forecaster James Madden. “It is therefore a logical conclusion that snowfall or temperature records could be broken within this defined time frame, or for the winter as a whole.”

“We can expect to be hurled into the full throws (sic) of real winter within weeks.”

“Snow will continue to affect Scotland and become more widespread within this region as we head into next week, with an increasing possibility of snow to lower parts of the UK and Ireland,” says Madden.

“The remainder of December as a whole is likely to feature largely below-average temperatures, with deep widespread snow accumulations across many parts of the UK and Ireland.”

He's like a broken record at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Finally things starting to look interesting !

I just checked the charts and they all said no snow for Naas/Sallins this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Had to be James Madden take with a pinch of salt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

This is how i feel bout this guy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Pity Google translate don't add Weather to their languages for us amateurs. :pac:
    From what I understood from MTs update it sounds very promising :D

Listen im not interested in what any of you,s think of weather forecasters. I just post the information for all to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Listen im not interested in what any of you,s think of weather forecasters. I just post the information for all to read.

here here:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

What's the attitude for?

We're only implying that he's like a broken record,there is no malice toward you personally whatsoever.
    I would like him to be right but simply can't see it.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

redsunset wrote: »
    What's the attitude for?

We're only implying that he's like a broken record,there is no malice toward you personally whatsoever.
    I would like him to be right but simply can't see it.:)

Especially given his fiasco of a forecast for oct and nov.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭dermiek

I agree, no malice towards you.
    But if it doesn't snow, we'll come looking for you....

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Anyone alink to mt,s update or is it on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,842 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

davidsr20 wrote: »
    Anyone alink to mt,s update or is it on here?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75688857&postcount=1935

Thanks but can anyone tell me in a nutshell what this update means for snow?

.......What a difference a year makes as warm weather continues... and forecasters say there is no big freeze on the way

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2065787/What-difference-year-makes-warm-weather-continues--forecasters-say-big-freeze-way.html#ixzz1ew2MeFgH

(Theres some great snow photo,s in there)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

It looks good for the first cold phase of the season next weekend and into next week. Wintry showers (sleet or snow to low levels at times inland) and frost/icy patches in the midlands and east of the country. Also it's a situation where I suspect there will be upgrades for the depth and longevity of the cold spell over the next few days. It's still a good bit out so little point in going into detail about it just yet but watch this space. Things are about to get interesting.;)

All aboard the polar maritime express

EDM1-168.GIF?27-12

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kn2k10

IT'S SNOWING!!!!!!!

That's what I was saying exactly a year ago today.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

darkman2 wrote: »
    It looks good for the first cold phase of the season next weekend and into next week. Wintry showers (sleet or snow to low levels at times inland) and frost/icy patches in the midlands and east of the country. Also it's a situation where I suspect there will be upgrades for the depth and longevity of the cold spell over the next few days. It's still a good bit out so little point in going into detail about it just yet but watch this space. Things are about to get interesting.;)

EDM1-168.GIF?27-12

picture.php?albumid=1413&pictureid=11333

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭ff9999

Interesting glance back at last year's November :

http://www.met.ie/climate-ireland/weather-events/ColdSpell10.pdf

1st to 18th: A period of very unsettled weather, as a series of deep depressions moved quickly eastwards close to or over Ireland. These produced spells of rain or showers each day, together with stormy weather at times, resulting in very high seas on western coasts. The heaviest rain fell over the west of the country, where some falls were thundery and accompanied by hail. Temperatures were above normal with infrequent air frost; the first four days of the month were particularly mild for November. After a very dull start, the period around mid-month was relatively sunny.

19th to 26th: Pressure rose over Ireland as an anticyclone developed in mid-Atlantic. Winds veered to a north or northeasterly direction, bringing progressively colder conditions, with frost becoming
    widespread. Rainfall amounts in most inland and southern areas were small, but showers were frequent in coastal areas and were heavy near the east coast on the 22nd. Most days during this period were sunny.

27th to 30th: As the anticyclone shifted to the far northwest of Ireland, a bitterly cold northeasterly airstream brought a sharp drop in temperatures across the country. Wintry showers, initially in coastal areas of the east and northwest, became more widespread during the period, resulting in accumulations of snow over most of the country. Showers were thundery at times in eastern areas. Exceptionally low air and ground temperatures were measured in Leinster on the 28th and 29th, but severe frost was widespread, with freezing fog in places

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

i look forward to your thread Darkman2 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

^^good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

smokin ace wrote: »

picture.php?albumid=1413&pictureid=11333

lol love it !!!!!

go on darkman ya legend , bring on the snow !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭jds0ur

EDM1-168.GIF?27-12

Great News, there's hope peeps!

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭desolate sun

Hi Winter people!
    I've finally caught up with this thread! I've heard no mention of the Maunder Minimum. Can I ask are we in it? Or perceived to be in it? Or what is happening with sunspot activity?
    I understand from last year that sunspot activity effects the global temps and potential for snow.
    It has also been said on this thread that the NAO is positive at the moment. Is there a chance it could turn negative? Also is the NAO connected with sunspot activity?

Sorry if this is off topic. The reason I ask these questions is purely in relation to snow potential :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Just been out for a walk in Lucan, definitely a lot colder now, no sign of the unseasonably mild weather we have had all month...

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Strangegravy

EDM1-168.GIF?27-12

I hope this comes off but 168hrs out is still pretty much FI, could still go either way...

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭missrandomer

as i walked around this evening feeding horses and knowing (well kinda) whats ahead of us in a few weeks, i tought what the hell did i do before Boards weather....

I used to look at the sky and look for that sign of snow sky as i call it, funny colour clouds, or ask dad is it goin to snow, his answer was always rubbing his hands together "ah sur its too cold to snow" my little heart would sink.

How did i ever survive before boards weather, im here a year and bloody love this place :D

• Advertisement

as i walked around this evening feeding horses and knowing (well kinda) whats ahead of us in a few weeks, i tought what the hell did i do before Boards weather....

I used to look at the sky and look for that sign of snow sky as i call it, funny colour clouds, or ask dad is it goin to snow, his answer was always rubbing his hands together "ah sur its too cold to snow" my little heart would sink.

How did i ever survive before boards weather, im here a year and bloody love this place :D

X2

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement