Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter 2011/2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Forum Monkey

Snow showers here in Donegal :D:D:D:D

Is it sticking?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Snow showers here in Donegal :D:D:D:D

Homer is about 60km north of me. Hopefully it's a condition that will slide southwards. Only about 3km from coast here though so that could mess things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Here the week ahead forecast this week, (I think a lot of this will change every day this week)

At the moment (A lot of snow for Scotland this week)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dWufRLSedU&feature=channel_video_title

Up and Down!
    Cold start to the week, warms for middle and wet and windy and cold again at the end of the week!

Snow is meant to reach the East by Thursady

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

I doubt it will stick tho as its too wet out,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

davidsr20 wrote: »
    I doubt it will stick tho as its too wet out,

Hopefully :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Wonder if i will get some snow for West Midlands, i do live on a hill and that which is more north west midlands!

When I was kid, some one told me this
    If you see a cloud coming or in the sky!
    if just grey it's rain and dark it's Hail and if it's light Grey will have some snow in it!
    lol, don't who told me that, part of it kinda of true

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mollzer

Snow/sleet shower just passed over us in Kingscourt, Cavan/Meath border, way too wet to stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

mollzer wrote: »
    Snow/sleet shower just passed over us in Kingscourt, Cavan/Meath border, way too wet to stick.

I agree it's way to wet to stick,just why can't we get decent snow like other country's :( I'm sick of the tipical Ireland dusting!
    I really need to book my ski holiday for feb :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

davidsr20 wrote: »
    I agree it's way to wet to stick,just why can't we get decent snow like other country's :( I'm sick of the tipical Ireland dusting!
    I really need to book my ski holiday for feb :)

February might potentially be the coldest month this winter, so you might miss the decent snow! :) and do you not remember last december? Jan 10? Id say both months had 'decent snow' !!!:rolleyes:

Dan :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

irish1967 wrote: »
    Homer is about 60km north of me. Hopefully it's a condition that will slide southwards. Only about 3km from coast here though so that could mess things up.

Think you might be getting mixed up with the other homer_simpson on boards who is from Donegal also. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    February might potentially be the coldest month this winter, so you might miss the decent snow! :) and do you not remember last december? Jan 10? Id say both months had 'decent snow' !!!:rolleyes:

Most parts of the country had decent amounts that is for sure but parts of Munster esp missed out almost completely. Perhaps this is where Davidrs20 is coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mcriot29

The temps will be above freezing all week so snow wont last or really stick only on high ground even on scot
    If the nao and ao dont dip soon we wont see any snow before xmas
    Dublin and cork wont see any snow this week thats for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

irish1967 wrote: »

Im 27km west of you :D

Is it sticking?

No :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Not much snow ever comes from the Atlantic and whatever comes it is short lived and as wet as hell. As for Cork, it very, very rarely snows there...even when Dublin and the East of the countrywas buried under the stuff (over the past three winters)..Cork only got a sprinkle..it is too far south end of story

Do you think that Meath will get loads again?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭ff9999

There's too many threads floating around on the same topic in here which could be merged into one thread... (Snow Reports/ Potential for Wind and Snow/ Increasingly cold next week)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Heres the farming forecast
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3xWMMMDJ9o

ff9999 wrote: »
    There's too many threads floating around on the same topic in here which could be merged into one thread... (Snow Reports/ Potential for Wind and Snow/ Increasingly cold next week)

This thread was here since June

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

04 December 2011 16:17

Today Cold and blustery overnight with showers of hail, sleet and snow. These will be heaviest and most frequent over Ulster and north Connacht, with moderate accumulations of snow in places, but a few snow flurries are possible elsewhere too, especially on high ground. Lowest temperatures -1 to plus 4 C., with some icy patches also. Monday will be cold and blustery, with further showers at times. These mainly of sleet and snow in parts of north Connacht and Ulster, especially on high ground, but more of rain and hail elsewhere and more scattered also with some bright or sunny spells developing. A bitterly cold day, top temperatures of just 3 to 6 degrees and feeling colder in the brisk westerly wind.
    hr.gif

Outlook

Monday night will be very cold with hail, sleet and snow showers over western and northern coastal counties of Ulster. Other Atlantic coastal areas will have some wintry showers also but inland and Eastern areas will stay dry. It will stay breezy though the wind will ease off in sheltered areas with frost forming. Lowest temperatures will range plus 2 to minus 1 degrees. Tuesday will be a cold, windy and showery day. The showers will be mainly of rain and hail in the South but in Northern and Northeastern areas they will fall as snow at times more especially over high ground with further accumulations likely. Highest temperatures will range 4 to 8 degrees, mildest in the Southwest of the country. Wednesday will also be very showery and blustery countrywide but it will be less cold with highest temperatures of 7 to 10 degrees and snow is unlikely. Frost is expected in many areas early on Wednesday night as showers become isolated with the danger of icy patches. Later in the night and during Thursday it looks like more showers will return across the country falling as sleet or snow at times, particularly over high ground in Midland, Northern and Eastern areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭ff9999

This thread was here since June

I wasn't saying anything about this thread? I've been following this one closely. In the last week about 4 different threads have been started on the possibility of snow

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mcriot29

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Not much snow ever comes from the Atlantic and whatever comes it is short lived and as wet as hell. As for Cork, it very, very rarely snows there...even when Dublin and the East of the countrywas buried under the stuff (over the past three winters)..Cork only got a sprinkle..it is too far south end of story

Goodpost above it silly theway most on here thinking there lots ofsnow on way this week if the temp is above frezzing point snow wont last so unless your up a hill forget seeing any snow this week
    As iv said unless ao dips we wont see any snow for weeks yet
    Sure wet snow maybe thats it

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    04 December 2011 16:17

Today Cold and blustery overnight with showers of hail, sleet and snow. These will be heaviest and most frequent over Ulster and north Connacht, with moderate accumulations of snow in places, but a few snow flurries are possible elsewhere too, especially on high ground. Lowest temperatures -1 to plus 4 C., with some icy patches also. Monday will be cold and blustery, with further showers at times. These mainly of sleet and snow in parts of north Connacht and Ulster, especially on high ground, but more of rain and hail elsewhere and more scattered also with some bright or sunny spells developing. A bitterly cold day, top temperatures of just 3 to 6 degrees and feeling colder in the brisk westerly wind.
    hr.gif

Outlook

Monday night will be very cold with hail, sleet and snow showers over western and northern coastal counties of Ulster. Other Atlantic coastal areas will have some wintry showers also but inland and Eastern areas will stay dry. It will stay breezy though the wind will ease off in sheltered areas with frost forming. Lowest temperatures will range plus 2 to minus 1 degrees. Tuesday will be a cold, windy and showery day. The showers will be mainly of rain and hail in the South but in Northern and Northeastern areas they will fall as snow at times more especially over high ground with further accumulations likely. Highest temperatures will range 4 to 8 degrees, mildest in the Southwest of the country. Wednesday will also be very showery and blustery countrywide but it will be less cold with highest temperatures of 7 to 10 degrees and snow is unlikely. Frost is expected in many areas early on Wednesday night as showers become isolated with the danger of icy patches. Later in the night and during Thursday it looks like more showers will return across the country falling as sleet or snow at times, particularly over high ground in Midland, Northern and Eastern areas.

Great!

How often does Met Éireann update their forecasts daily?

How often does Met Éireann update their forecasts daily?

three times a day

three times a day

So one more update today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Do you think that Meath will get loads again?

Forum Monkey, you have asked that question about 10 times so far, and it's all I remember you asking last winter too. You are online very frequently, so you should be reading the threads, which go into good detail on when and where the snow probabilities lie. Take these details, then extrapolate to your location.

To everybody, please - we can't be answering all these "will it snow in my back garden" posts from everybody as it would take forever. Look at MT's daily forecast, it will give good detail. Discussion threads will do likewise.

Cold and blustery with showers of hail, sleet and snow. These will be heaviest and most frequent over Ulster and north Connacht, with moderate accumulations of snow in places, but a few snow flurries are possible elsewhere too, especially on high ground. Lowest temperatures -1 to plus 4 C., with some icy patches. Monday will be cold and blustery, with further showers at times, some wintry over northern areas. Top temperatures of just 3 to 6 degrees and feeling colder in the brisk westerly wind.

Outlook

http://gyazo.com/e923951949b1b4c6f7f067a7a278c4ce

• Advertisement

Su Campu wrote: »
    Forum Monkey, you have asked that question about 10 times so far, and it's all I remember you asking last winter too. You are online very frequently, so you should be reading the threads, which go into good detail on when and where the snow probabilities lie. Take these details, then extrapolate to your location.

To everybody, please - we can't be answering all these "will it snow in my back garden" posts from everybody as it would take forever. Look at MT's daily forecast, it will give good detail. Discussion threads will do likewise.

I wasnt on here last year

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement