Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Install wireless driver in Fedora 15

Options
  • 17-06-2011 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

hey, how can I install wireless driver in fedora 15

lspci
    04:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g LP-PHY (rev 01)

its sta broadcom afaik, thats what displays when i install in ubuntu , which has a prepackaged driver in its repo, easy peasy

but im a bit stumped in Fedora

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Get a copy of the windows driver and use ndiswrapper to install it. It can be done through the command line, or with a gui tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭JavaBeans

cheers, ya I know of ndiswrapper,
    but was more hoping someone could show me how to compile and build from source for my driver :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Do you have the source? Usually it's just a matter of
    tar -xvzf source-code.tar.gz
    cd source-code/
    ./configure
    make
    sudo make install

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

OP, did you get this to work?

It should have been as easy as adding the rpmfusion repositories, and installing broadcom-wl, e.g.
    su -c 'rpm -Uvh http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-stable.noarch.rpm'

su -c 'yum -y install broadcom-wl'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

syklops wrote: »
    OP, did you get this to work?

It should have been as easy as adding the rpmfusion repositories, and installing broadcom-wl, e.g.
    su -c 'rpm -Uvh http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-stable.noarch.rpm'

su -c 'yum -y install broadcom-wl'

That should work. No need to be faffing about with ndiswrapper.

• Advertisement
Advertisement