Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Language exchanges through internet

• 17-06-2011 11:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to sort out an exchange this summer and was going to do it through this website but I'm slightly afraid of getting murdered by serial killers. Anyone else ever done one of these exchanges by internet? Am I insane?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

I'm trying to sort out an exchange this summer and was going to do it through this website but I'm slightly afraid of getting murdered by serial killers. Anyone else ever done one of these exchanges by internet? Am I insane?

No but your masked murderer in France will be..! :P

I'm sure there are programs that are safe and legit rather than just meeting someone on the internet and doing an exchange...

If that makes sense..! :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Its a specific website for exchanges though.

The thing is, for whatever reason there are no ways to get a french exchange without spending huge sums of money on residential courses.

So you don't want to do a residential course?

Ok, then I would use the website you are thinking of but I'd be really careful! Make sure their profile looks legit and arrange a few Skype calls and have their parents speak to your parents as well..!

Then hope for the best..! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

If they are weird, can't you just log off? Could you arrange an exchange with a local French person perhaps?

If they are weird, can't you just log off? Could you arrange an exchange with a local French person perhaps?

She means a physical exchange as in she goes to France and stays with a French person..!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

See I have to pay to join the website so I'm not sure yet. I originally had a job lined up over there but it fell through and the exchange sounds like more fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Wasn't there a Simpsons episode about this? :pac:

Crayo, I would certainly do plenty of research and proceed with caution ... it's not an area I know anything about, I'm afraid.

Someone here might help?

Advertisement