Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dangerous Dogs

• 17-06-2011 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭

I have often defended RBs, and will continue to do so the rest of my days. As the owner of a dobermann, I was regularly told how 'vicious' they were, despite him being a pretty placid animal. Now staffys and p-bulls and any number of blameless animals get targeted simply because of how they look and the stupidity of their owners.
    However when say a collie attacks http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2004206/Cameron-Whithers-8-lucky-alive-Border-Collie-mauls-head.html very few people are bleating on about banning all collies.
    I wonder why that is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Pisses me off as well, will people ever realise that its the deed not breed or are we all just wasting our time trying to convince them?

We adopted a staffie last month, what a gentle dog. Three beds in the kitchen and the staff, yorkie and JR all in one bed fast asleep! Of course when I went to get my camera they all came flying out :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

The story is in the Daily Mail. Hardly as if it's being swept under the carpet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

mal1 wrote: »
    The story is in the Daily Mail. Hardly as if it's being swept under the carpet.

I never said it was being swept anywhere, I said no one is out demanding all collies be destroyed/or restricted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

TillyGirl wrote: »
    Pisses me off as well, will people ever realise that its the deed not breed or are we all just wasting our time trying to convince them?

We adopted a staffie last month, what a gentle dog. Three beds in the kitchen and the staff, yorkie and JR all in one bed fast asleep! Of course when I went to get my camera they all came flying out :rolleyes:

Heh, typical!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

I'm more suprised they named the breed, normally if they can't pin it on one of the typical 'villian breeds' they don't mention it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

It's the same as the article regarding the lab that attacked, and pits/staffs were mentioned as beiing the kinds of dogs you'd expect this from!? Seriously, when will people just wake up and realise that ANY dog can be a danger and you shouldn't just approach a strange dog without thinking.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2003849/Boy-3-left-horrific-facial-injuries-Labrador-savages-Poole-Harbour.html#ixzz1PMzFGJ00

Advertisement