Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house ...need to rent van

Options
  • 17-06-2011 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Anyone know where I can rent a van for a day. I am moving house and only going a short distance to a different estate. I'd like to use my own B class license. I also have a washing machine so a tail lift would definitely be an advantage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Anyone know where I can rent a van for a day. I am moving house and only going a short distance to a different estate. I'd like to use my own B class license. I also have a washing machine so a tail lift would definitely be an advantage.

I was planning on doing the same thing myself, I found a very cheap place that will rent out the van to you, they are based in Forkhill, but you have to have your own commercial insurance.

Practical Car & Van hire are more expensive, but they can cover you on insurance for an extra charge.

RM Van hire do the same. They can all be easily found online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

My brother-in-law is a removals man, top notch service! Feel free to PM me for his details - not sure that I can give them out here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

cheers I don't have commercial insurance though and I'd like to move the stuff myself with a few mates

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

I used man with a van to move house. Hes not bad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 108 ✭✭Get Cracking

I specalize in house moves!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

You can pick up a transit for around 100 quid inclusive of insurance for the day. Nearest is Swords. Good clean vans. I've used them a few times.

Oh and given the current financial situation there is no END of men with Vans who would probably beat what a hire job would cost.

Advertisement