Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Bill down to PAYG

Options
  • 17-06-2011 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

long story short im switching from Bill Pay Surf 55 (was gonna go Bill Pay Smart Lite but will lose my M2M calls and texts) so gonna go PAYG and then switch away to 3. Im out of contract so on a rolling version of my current plan. Do i need to give 30 days notice to switch to PAYG and then its a matter of being on PAYG and just porting away ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 metalmessiah88

[QUOTE=(was gonna go Bill Pay Smart Lite but will lose my M2M calls and texts) [/QUOTE] You wont loose you M2M call + texts as there not a promo feature there part of the plan at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭eyesofvenus

You wont loose you M2M call + texts as there not a promo feature there part of the plan at that price

Nope, promo only applies to other network users porting to meteor and online.
    http://www.meteor.ie/plans/bill_pay/smart/#plans-tab

• Registered Users Posts: 33 metalmessiah88

yeh there the smart plans 12-18 months .... if you're going for the smart lite 30 day plan it has free M2M calls + texts ....

yeh there the smart plans 12-18 months .... if you're going for the smart lite 30 day plan it has free M2M calls + texts ....

A trip to specsavers is needed for you i think, show me where on either of these links it stipulates you can receive free calls+texts if you want to change your plan and are not looking to transfer your number:

http://www.meteor.ie/plans/bill_pay/lite_sim_card/#plans-tab

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭davehey79

A trip to specsavers is needed for you i think, show me where on either of these links it stipulates you can receive free calls+texts if you want to change your plan and are not looking to transfer your number:

http://www.meteor.ie/plans/bill_pay/lite_sim_card/#plans-tab

I was on the fone for ages to them over the weekend and basically I'm not a new customer so m2m calls and texts don't apply to me on smart lite but can be added for a 9.99 add on !!! She wouldn't budge on it or price for the sg2 or match 3's offer for it or the iphone so have a note on my account for cancellations to call me and switch to PAYG. Gonna port to 3 and get the OH to the same for free to each other calls and texts unless retention / cancellations offer me something to stay

• Advertisement

davehey79 wrote: »
    I was on the fone for ages to them over the weekend and basically I'm not a new customer so m2m calls and texts don't apply to me on smart lite but can be added for a 9.99 add on !!! She wouldn't budge on it or price for the sg2 or match 3's offer for it or the iphone so have a note on my account for cancellations to call me and switch to PAYG. Gonna port to 3 and get the OH to the same for free to each other calls and texts unless retention / cancellations offer me something to stay

As with my other thread which is spiralling out of control(lol), I used to be on meteor talk 400. Then switched to connect €20 18 months. 200 sms and 200 minutes offered with it. Quickly ran out of texts after first week. Bill usually ran to €35 a month.

Was 12 months into contract and mailed meteor asking if they would consider offering me free texts to other meteor users seems as I commit a minimum of €20 every month and yet payg customers get free m2m texts and calls. I also proposed the allowing me to start a new contract fresh(iphone4 24 month €60 one).

Got email back today basically asking if i wanted to cancel my account(i never mentioned cancelling it in the email i sent to them), to which i replied yes, send me cost of rest of the contract so i can take my business elsewhere.

Got accepted by 3 today for gs2 on 18 month €40 contract, effectively up to 850 texts a month, 15gb of data or so and a smartphone.

Meteor obviously don't need their existing customers, only new ones :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭davehey79

As with my other thread which is spiralling out of control(lol), I used to be on meteor talk 400. Then switched to connect €20 18 months. 200 sms and 200 minutes offered with it. Quickly ran out of texts after first week. Bill usually ran to €35 a month.

Was 12 months into contract and mailed meteor asking if they would consider offering me free texts to other meteor users seems as I commit a minimum of €20 every month and yet payg customers get free m2m texts and calls. I also proposed the allowing me to start a new contract fresh(iphone4 24 month €60 one).

Got email back today basically asking if i wanted to cancel my account(i never mentioned cancelling it in the email i sent to them), to which i replied yes, send me cost of rest of the contract so i can take my business elsewhere.

Got accepted by 3 today for gs2 on 18 month €40 contract, effectively up to 850 texts a month, 15gb of data or so and a smartphone.

Meteor obviously don't need their existing customers, only new ones :)

i will be making that move unless offered something worth staying for on meteor ( still waiting on a call form cancellations & retention centre )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

OP, is it an option to port to another network, and then port back to Meteor to be treated as a "new" customer? (I'm not even sure if you would be treated as a new customer though, do double check that before doing anything!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

You can get m2m calls and texts. Meteor shops and cpw can do it. Just ask. They can do it 100%

Advertisement