Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping gear

Options
  • 17-06-2011 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭

Is there anyplace in town that has a good selection of camping gear? And I'm just on about the cheap everyday stuff like pegs, cooking bits, stuff sacks, and such.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Any outdoor shop will have the majority of stuff, but Millets (beside Tesco in Galway SC) will be your best bet. The stuff aint cheap though, depending on the time of year. I guess we're at peak season so it's the most expensive time to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Hmm, found this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54427574

Looks like argos or millets. :mad:

I was hoping for a place like the army surplus place in Killarney... a warehouse of bins with every camping bit and bob you could hope for and on the cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭meg3178

Argos have a sale on camping gear at the moment. If tesco have a homeware section, they will sell tent pegs (I got them in Limerick, v strong and e2 for 20).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Keep an eye out in Aldi and Lidl too, they occasionally have well priced bits and pieces. I found Millets reasonable enough, except for gimmicky accessories.

Advertisement