Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctor Who Fanfilm Tests

Options
  • 17-06-2011 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I plan to do a quick short 5 minute Doctor Who fan film soon.

I was testing stuff over the weekend and have created a quick regneration sequence and a full custom title sequence with unique vortex etc.

I was just wondering what you guys think and what improvements could I make?

I realise that the regneration effect doesn't track my movements completely - they're not supposed to, it was just a test to see what it'd roughly look like :)

Thanks for checking it out!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27067641/Regeneration%202_1.mp4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

...Not loading for me...

I think that looks pretty cool. Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

...Not loading for me...

You need a decent media player then ;-)

Thanks Pappa Dolla

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Achilles wrote: »
    You need a decent media player then ;-)

:)

It wouldn't load on Firefox, but I got it going on Chrome. It looks good, particularly the vortex. If I was to offer any criticism, it's that the second part of the regeneration effect (the "explosion") looks more like it's in front of you than coming from you, but I know nothing about video editing, so I don't know how hard that would be to change:o

But that's a small criticism anyway - it looks very good, and the first part of the regeneration looks great, as well as the vortex.

:)

It wouldn't load on Firefox, but I got it going on Chrome. It looks good, particularly the vortex. If I was to offer any criticism, it's that the second part of the regeneration effect (the "explosion") looks more like it's in front of you than coming from you, but I know nothing about video editing, so I don't know how hard that would be to change:o

But that's a small criticism anyway - it looks very good, and the first part of the regeneration looks great, as well as the vortex.

Yeah for the actual final effect I'll have it blended (and tracked to my hand movements) much better than that.

Thanks for that though it definately gives me something to think about! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

Yeah looks like a great start to me!

Hey all just a quick update.

I've put together a small teaser trailer for the project. I'm currently working on a script and the footage that's been filmed so far has just been a test really to see what can be done visually.

What do you guys think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

that is excellent.

you looking for any help?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

That is really quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

ooh I like that! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

You seem to be doing good, but let your voice out naturally dont imitate make the character your own.

My friends from the states has done his version of star trek. James Cawley has done some great work so if you keep up you could be as good as his work. http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/index.html

tonyheaney wrote: »
    You seem to be doing good, but let your voice out naturally dont imitate make the character your own.

My friends from the states has done his version of star trek. James Cawley has done some great work so if you keep up you could be as good as his work. http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/index.html

I've watched some of the New Voyages stuff actually and it's pretty good!

I wouldn't have the kind of budget that he would though.

The only thing that I'm trying to imitate with my voice is the English accent as the Doctor always has an English accent... the character will still be my own :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

The only thing that I'm trying to imitate with my voice is the English accent as the Doctor always has an English accent... the character will still be my own :-)

and you have done a good job, remember that the doctors voice changes also so im sure your voice will work just fine. keep up the good work.

Hi all!

Myself and my partner have just written up a rough draft of the script.

It's only a few pages long so far but hopefully you guys get an idea for where we're going with the story.

I'd like to know what you guys think, please find it attached :-)

I believe McCoys had a slight scottish brogue on purpose :)

Did you get a chance to check out the script Doctor DooM?

Did you get a chance to check out the script Doctor DooM?

Nope but will do when I get a few mins, I promise :)

Advertisement