Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Hot Chili Peppers Announce European Dates

Options
  • 17-06-2011 12:28pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We’re coming back to Europe beginning October 7 in Germany!

October 7th – Germany, Cologne, Lanxess Arena On sale June 25th (TBC)
    October 9th – Germany, Hamburg, O2 World On sale June 25th (TBC)
    October 11th – Sweden, Stockholm, Ericsson Globe Arena On sale June 21st
    October 12th – Sweden, Stockholm, Ericsson Globe Arena On sale June 21st
    October 14th – Denmark, Herning, Boxen Arena On sale June 22nd
    October 16th – Holland, Rotterdam, Ahoy On sale June 23rd
    October 18th – France, Paris, Bercy On sale June 27th
    October 21st – Germany, Frankfurt, Festhalle On sale June 25th (TBC)
    December 4th – Germany, Berlin, O2 World On sale June 25th (TBC)
    December 5th – Germany, Munich, Olympiahalle On sale June 25th (TBC)
    December 7th – Austria, Vienna, Stadthalle On sale June 25th
    December 10th – Italy, Torino, Palaolimpico On sale July 4th
    December 11th – Italy, Milan, Forum On sale July 4th
    December 13th – Switzerland, Zurich, Hallenstadion On sale June 23rd
    December 15th – Spain, Barcelona, Palau Sant Jordi On sale June 30th
    December 17th – Spain, Madrid, Palacio de Deportes de la Comunidad On sale June 30th

MORE DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED

Pre-order the new Red Hot Chili Peppers album, I’m With You, and get a chance to access pre-sale tickets for the European tour before they go on sale to the general public! Simply pre-order the upcoming album from redhotchilipeppers.com/preorder in either the digital or physical format and you will be given a unique code you can use to gain access to an exclusive pre-sale for the upcoming European tour dates.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ireland announced with uk i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Mushy wrote: »
    Ireland announced with uk i guess.

Hopefully, two or three dates at the o2 would be really cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭bren2001

karaokeman wrote: »
    Hopefully, two or three dates at the o2 would be really cool.

I'd say it will be bigger venue than the o2 and it will only be for one night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Sooo going to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

bren2001 wrote: »
    I'd say it will be bigger venue than the o2 and it will only be for one night.

Probably not cause it's in winter. They're playing arenas everywhere else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭bren2001

Probably not cause it's in winter. They're playing arenas everywhere else.

They may not come to Ireland until the summer i.e. a Slane concert or Marlay park. I'd love an o2 gig, maybe I'm just pessimistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Yes, Yes, YES!!

NEED TO GET TICKETS!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

bren2001 wrote: »
    They may not come to Ireland until the summer i.e. a Slane concert or Marlay park. I'd love an o2 gig, maybe I'm just pessimistic.

I could see them doing both. Most big bands do an arena tour and then come back for the summer festivals/outdoor gigs. So they could do the O2 and then come back during the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I could see them doing both. Most big bands do an arena tour and then come back for the summer festivals/outdoor gigs. So they could do the O2 and then come back during the summer

Thats what I mean.

If Coldplay did it then so should the RHCP.

Coldplay are relatively just as big as RHCP and they still played an o2 date during their arena leg.

Either way a Slane show next summer would be really cool also because Chad did promise they would return there.

They'd need to do a smaller indoor show rather than wait for Marlay to make up for the catastrophe that was Oxegen 2006.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭pennylemon

I LOVED their Oxegen gig 2006... Great atmoshere.

I think they should do Punchestown or Phoenix park again. Proper big field gig. ACDC was in Punchestown last year and it was a great spot for a proper rock concert.
    Would HATE to see them in Crowe Park... the thoughts of a seated gig makes my skin crawl.

I was googling for ages a few months ago to see if they are, at least, recording?? Does anyone have any info on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,435 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

would love to seem them in the o2 but tickets would be like gold

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Seen them at Slane twice and once at Croke Park in the last ten years..

.. so I'd need to hear some new material first tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

pennylemon wrote: »
    ACDC was in Punchestown last year and it was a great spot for a proper rock concert.

If you're happy enough to be stuck in traffic for hours or walk half the way, that is. Shambles of a gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

pennylemon wrote: »
    I LOVED their Oxegen gig 2006... Great atmoshere.

You must have been at Oxegen in a parallel universe. I thought they were awful.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

They'd need to do a smaller indoor show rather than wait for Marlay to make up for the catastrophe that was Oxegen 2006.

+1 . Def very let down at Oxegen , will prob skip the indoor gig to see what the album is like and then if its good ill check them out next summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    You must have been at Oxegen in a parallel universe. I thought they were awful.

I see what you did there.. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

The most disappointed I've been at a gig was their show in the Phoenix Park a few years back. Talk about just going through the motions to get a cheque!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

The most disappointed I've been at a gig was their show in the Phoenix Park a few years back. Talk about just going through the motions to get a cheque!

They were exactly the same in Lansdowne......

Thought they were good that day but was so big and i was far back it seemed ok.

I hear Anthony got Mr Bunglr taken off a festival bill cos the style too similar. .he didnt want to be shown up by Mike Patton. They need to play well this tour...egos are too big IMO. Theyll need to impress big time. Hope its not too expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Thought they were good that day but was so big and i was far back it seemed ok.

I hear Anthony got Mr Bunglr taken off a festival bill cos the style too similar. .he didnt want to be shown up by Mike Patton. They need to play well this tour...egos are too big IMO. Theyll need to impress big time. Hope its not too expensive.

i hate that crap when a headlining band gets a smaller band taken off.

As for ticket prices, i can't see ya getting much change out of 75 for a gig at The Point

Well if its thats expensive I'll gladly give it a miss then. Wouldnt mibd for some...but them:-O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Gotta say, I really enjoyed their gig at Oxegen in '06. I was relatively new to gigs then though, now I've been to at least 500 gigs since I'd be interested in what I thought of their performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭AnalogueKid

I loved this band when I was a kid, I got into them around Mother's Milk. As I was such an ardent fan I saw loads of their gigs here (SFX, The Point, Dalymount Park) but I had learned my lesson by the time they started to play Slane, Lansdowne and Oxegen. THEY SUCK LIVE!!! Woeful. Flea is the only one with any kind of stage presence. Their sound crew must also not give a toss as every show, including when I saw them in Holland, had muddled sound. It's a pity cos I think they're great songwriters and their albums usually deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I love their music, but have seen them probably 3 times over the years and they are not very good live... The sound is always very poor...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

NIBBS wrote: »
    They were exactly the same in Lansdowne......

I was at that gig and thought New Order stole the show...

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I love their music, but have seen them probably 3 times over the years and they are not very good live... The sound is always very poor...

Never seen them and I'm not a fan at all, but that's just gigs in Ireland, really. Especially outdoor ones, though it's improved a little in the past few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

+1. The sound in the Park was terrible when I saw them there, couldn't hear them at all down the back. Thought they were good in Slane though. Don't think I'd pay to go see them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ni4979

I wasn't in a parallel universe and I thought they were brill at oxegen 06.We all just have different opinions.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Gotta say, I really enjoyed their gig at Oxegen in '06. I was relatively new to gigs then though, now I've been to at least 500 gigs since I'd be interested in what I thought of their performance.

You go to over a 100 gigs a year? One every 3 days? Have you a money tree growing down the back garden?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement