Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Hot Chili Peppers Announce European Dates

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Don't think I'd be too pushed to go see 'em again tbh. I'd miss John Frusciante and the newer albums haven't been too good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭bren2001

leakyboots wrote: »
    You go to over a 100 gigs a year? One every 3 days? Have you a money tree growing down the back garden?

I thought that myself. How do you find the time to go to a gig every 3.65 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Jesus lads.. talk about fixating on a minor exaggeration! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I'm all over this if they come here, can't believe I've not seen them yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Can't wait for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Does anyone know when exactly will the UK and Irish dates be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

New album in August

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

+1. The sound in the Park was terrible when I saw them there, couldn't hear them at all down the back. Thought they were good in Slane though. Don't think I'd pay to go see them again.

The sound was absolutely shocking at that gig, I was mid way up and still had trouble hearing them. The only decent gig that I've seen them play in Ireland was at Slane. Love the Chili peppers, but they're not suited to the big stadium scene at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

The sound was absolutely shocking at that gig, I was mid way up and still had trouble hearing them. The only decent gig that I've seen them play in Ireland was at Slane. Love the Chili peppers, but they're not suited to the big stadium scene at all.

I agree with this, I have seen them at Landsdowne, Phoenix Park and Oxegen, Oxegen was prob their best gig of the 3 but wasnt anything special, would love to see them in the Point, will be keeping an eye out for any announcements

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I'd like to hear the new album first. I enjoyed them headlining Slane but thought they were truly awful at the Phoenix park gig. Then again, the Pixies stole that day and I think the RHCP may have resigned themselves to this before a note was played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Retrovertigo

The PA system actually blew while the Pixies were on, hence the God awful sound while the Chili's were on.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

I really hope they announce an Irish date, will be pretty upset if they don't!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

RHCP is going to announce dates in the UK and Ireland soon! Pre-order the new album, I'm With You, for a chance to buy tickets before anyone else.
    http://redhotchilipeppers.com/​preorder/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

New single is available here, sorry not sure how to embed on Soundcloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

RHCP is going to announce dates in the UK and Ireland soon! Pre-order the new album, I'm With You, for a chance to buy tickets before anyone else.
    http://redhotchilipeppers.com/​preorder/

How do you know?

I really want an Irish date but they mightn't be announced until the album's release.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭freekhead

--LOS-- wrote: »
    I'm all over this if they come here, can't believe I've not seen them yet!

class live LOS, hope they play Slane 2012 and are backed by The Foo's and QOTSA again. That would be amazing :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

karaokeman wrote: »
    How do you know?

He quoted that from their Facebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Delighted they are coming here, hopefully it will be in the Point before Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

freekhead wrote: »
    class live LOS, hope they play Slane 2012 and are backed by The Foo's and QOTSA again. That would be amazing :eek:

That would be amazing, although I could live without seeing QOTSA again, not much of a fan.

I was so excited to see their update today about announcing Irish & UK dates soon, I'm not going to pre-order the album so hopefully I'll manage to get a ticket if they do make an Irish date! Yay :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I imagine that it would be the RHCP supporting the Foo Fighters these days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

FF are probably bigger than the chilis at the moment

Yea i could'nt see Foo Fighters these days supporting RHCP since are way to big to do it. Maybe if they did a co-headline Slane with Foo's going on last :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭freekhead

i dono Chili's have been around alot longer than the Foo's and dont get me wrong i love the Foo's but i think the Chilli's deserve the headline slot. But without a doubt it has to be slane, the hill in slane makes it a perfect amphitheater

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Well the first single off the new album has been a huge letdown IMO..

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Well the first single off the new album has been a huge letdown IMO..

Agreed it is nothing to write home about

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ive just bet 2k with a mate that Foos be bigger than Rhcp now. Then saw last few posts on this thread and laughed.

Will go both but rhcp on a fine line of if i'll ever pay any attention to them again. New single is ok at best. Hope they appear interested this time. Also hope have money for tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Foo Fighters may seem "bigger" in the sense that we're hearing more about them, but they are touring at the moment and have a new album out. Chili Peppers still have seminality and more hit singles in their favour.

Still, even though they've been away for quite awhile, I get the impression that a lot of people are bored of the Chili Peppers. For so long they stuck to stadiums and outdoor shows (in Ireland, at least) and the one time I did see them live nearly ten years ago they struck me as incredibly bland. Maybe they weren't quite ready or suited for the really big shows? I wouldn't consider myself a fan at this stage but I'd say they'd do a much better job indoors in a venue like The O2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

wonder what the new album will be like. I didn't like the last one at all.
    I wonder what influence the new guitarist will have on it, seeing as JF is all ove the last few.
    Funnily enough, I think One Hot Minute is one of their best albums, (with Dave Navarro)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

Gig is being announced on Monday (25th).
    It's on www.goldendiscs.ie when you pre-order the album, got a ticket pre-order code by email

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Stevo2007

Got my pre-order code aswel, cannot wait for the Dublin gig!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement