Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Hot Chili Peppers Announce European Dates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

jmc wrote: »
    Gig is being announced on Monday (25th).
    It's on www.goldendiscs.ie when you pre-order the album, got a ticket pre-order code by email

Thats great, unfortunately I don't have a Paypal account but whatever day the tickets go on sale I will be up at ticketmaster the morning they go out.

There's an outlet just down the road from me and I find buying tickets in venues much handier than buying them online, as things tend to crash when you book that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

freekhead wrote: »
    class live LOS, hope they play Slane 2012 and are backed by The Foo's and QOTSA again. That would be amazing :eek:

well hello!!

so the gig is now a definite?

yussss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

SQUEEEEAAAALLL :D:D:D:D:D:D

I can't wait!! I shall be going there :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

For those who are wondering about the Foo Fighters and the Chili's playing together there are rumours that they might be playing at the Sonisphere festival in the UK next year.

The organiser said that he was in talks with Dave Grohl and co. and I'm sure they'd try and rope in RHCP as well if they were available.

http://www.purplerevolver.com/music/on-the-road/121696-foo-fighters-and-red-hot-chili-peppers-rumoured-for-sonisphere-2012.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Stevo2007

Not sure if its been posted already but if you preorder the album you can get a presale code for the Irish gig:)

http://redhotchilipeppers.com/preorder/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The Red Hot Chili Peppers have announced details of a UK tour later this year.

November
    7th - London O2 Arena
    9th - London O2 Arena
    10th - London O2 Arena
    12th - Glasgow SECC
    14th - Manchester MEN Arena
    15th - Manchester MEN Arena
    17th - Sheffield Motorpoint Arena
    19th - Birmingham LG Arena
    20th - Birmingham LG Arena

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

They announce Irish dates on Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Would it be worth it pre-ordering the CD and claiming the pre-order code for the concert? I usually buy the CD when it's released, but I really want to go see them so I'm thinking maybe I should order it

• Registered Users Posts: 38,435 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Saaron wrote: »
    They announce Irish dates on Monday!

id imagine maybe

Thurs 03 Nov- Oddessy Arena Belfast
    Fri 04 Nov- The O2 Dublin
    Sat 05 Nov- The 02 Dublin

Or could be after the UK Tour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Dublin on the 4th is the only date (but may have left room for a gig on the 5th)

Dublin O2 Arena (November 4)
    London O2 Arena (7, 9, 10)
    Glasgow SECC Hall (12)
    Manchester Evening News Arena (14, 15)
    Sheffield Motorpoint Arena (17)
    Birmingham LG Arena (19, 20)

Edit: Source was NME btw. Link

• Advertisement

They announced on their FB page that they were announcing dates for the UK and Ireland on Monday...

I was going to pre-order the cd but they don't take laser, thankfully my mom is going to do it for me so I can hopefully order the pre-sale tickets whenever they're on sale!

PTH2009 wrote: »
    id imagine maybe

Thurs 03 Nov- Oddessy Arena Belfast
    Fri 04 Nov- The O2 Dublin
    Sat 05 Nov- The 02 Dublin

Or could be after the UK Tour

I thought they were only playing one date over here? If they play two I'll have to go to both... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

If they the dates not sure I'll be able go with other gigs on round then. Better chance if its after uk tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pilot1087

Pre-ordered the album yesterday and haven't got a presale code yet? How long did it take for you guys to get the code?

pilot1087 wrote: »
    Pre-ordered the album yesterday and haven't got a presale code yet? How long did it take for you guys to get the code?

Got mine through email a few minutes after paying for the album...

Saaron wrote: »
    Got mine through email a few minutes after paying for the album...

ok, thanks for that! I might have to give them a call

pilot1087 wrote: »
    ok, thanks for that! I might have to give them a call

Definitely do if you don't get it in the next while :)

By the way, does anyone know how/where the pre-sale tickets are going to be sold? I'm guessing it will be online but I can only pay by Laser and many places don't accept laser online. Beginning to worry I'll miss my chance to get tickets :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Would I be better off buying the dowload version or the Golden Discs version to get the pre-sale code?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Did ye receive 2 emails,one for the purchase and one with the pre sale code?

• Advertisement

zweton wrote: »
    Did ye receive 2 emails,one for the purchase and one with the pre sale code?

I don't know about other people but first I got one regarding the purchase of the album, then a few minutes later I got one that contained the pre-sale code.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Hmmm, got the first one alright...may need to ring them too will give it til monday shur.

zweton wrote: »
    Hmmm, got the first one alright...may need to ring them too will give it til monday shur.

I think they may be late because it's the weekend. Deffo call them early Monday morning.

it says it may take 48 hours to receive the code if you ordered at the weekend... so hopefully we'll have it by Monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Its on their site now the gig is the 4th of November http://redhotchilipeppers.com/tour/

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

What is the cut off date for pre ordering the album via download on the official site? The physical copy Golden Discs route is 1pm tomorrow but I can't find when the cut off time is for the download.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

SB-08 wrote: »
    What is the cut off date for pre ordering the album via download on the official site? The physical copy Golden Discs route is 1pm tomorrow but I can't find when the cut off time is for the download.

Is it a specific Golden Discs or could it be any one in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

karaokeman wrote: »
    Is it a specific Golden Discs or could it be any one in Dublin?

Not sure but it says that it must be ordered by 1PM tomorrow in order to recieve the pre order code. There are not many Golden Discs still around - the only two I can think of is Jervis St and Dun Laoghaire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

The Golden Discs order is online.

It's for if you want to get the album on CD as opposed to digital download.
    Checked with them and they post the album out to you so it arrives for day of release (aug 26th).

direct link
    http://goldendiscs.bigcartel.com/product/im-with-you-album-pre-order

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

any idea when the presale wil be?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement