Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spraoi 2011

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

libra02 wrote: »
    Personally I think that is a cop out by Spraoi to blame Tall Ships as Spraoi did not pay for the firworks out of any budget they have. The cash came from the Tall Ships Budget as far as I am aware.

Why Spraoi do not be honest and say look our funding has been cut by Arts Council, fundraising is down and with recession we just cannot stretch to fireworsk this year. People would not mind too much.
    I'd accept their reason to be honest, there were 4 fireworks displays during the Tall Ships, we've all seen fireworks plenty of times before and there'll be fireworks in Tramore in August, so I wouldn't blame Spraoi for trying something different.

At the end of the day Spraoi do great work for the city so I wouldn't be accusing them of lying or "cop outs" for any decisions they make.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

fireworks were my favourite bit. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I was campaigning (albeit a tad weakly) for a fireworks display set to the music of the movies (Superman, Star Wars, Gladiator etc) Now that would be something to behold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭libra02

I'd accept their reason to be honest, there were 4 fireworks displays during the Tall Ships, we've all seen fireworks plenty of times before and there'll be fireworks in Tramore in August, so I wouldn't blame Spraoi for trying something different.

At the end of the day Spraoi do great work for the city so I wouldn't be accusing them of lying or "cop outs" for any decisions they make.

But there are not trying anything diffferent. People love the firworks and the tradition was always there with Spraoi and alot of people won't travle out to Tramore juts to see fireworks for what - is there something on out there?

I am not saying anything against Spraoi at all, they do provide a great festival for the city all for free. The point I am making is they are the ones putting out there that the Tall Ships are to blame for them not having fireworks.

All they had to do was be honest and say due to budget constraints fireworks are not an option this year. People would not mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

lads what's the story with wristbands this year? I used to get em in BPM but thats gone now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fitzeyboy.

Wristbands for the festival club? If that's the case then Next Door in the Glen is the spot for them. €30 for the weekend wristband or €50 for two of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Can you buy tickets for individual festival club nights? how? was in next door off licence and she only had weekend wrist bands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Max Powers wrote: »
    Can you buy tickets for individual festival club nights? how? was in next door off licence and she only had weekend wrist bands

You can buy them online from Spraoi. But only weekend tickets seem to be availble. I was on the site last week and they had all the nights seperately I though. Sold out already maybe?

Link

Advertisement