If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request : DENON DM38 DAB

Options
  • 17-06-2011 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi RicherSounds , I would like to purchase the Denon DM38 DAB from your website and have been told to get a fairly good set of Bookshelf speakers ... Would you still have the Monitor speakers and would they be a suitable choice or can you suugest a good value alternative.. ?? also need delivery to Dublin in price

Thanks Lazydays

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Lazydays.

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

The Denon DM38 is a very nice little unit indeed!!

The most popular speakers paired with this unit would be the Monitor Audio BX1 priced at £179.95 (comes in several colours).
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=1076&Results=true&keys=bx1%20

You could even jump up to the BX2's priced at £219.95
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=1077&Results=true&keys=bx2%20

The only other thing you would require is speaker cable.
    I would recommend the Ultra micro priced at £2.99p/meter
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=230&Results=true&keys=cambridge%20audio%20ultra

I could offer the cable at half price.

The delivery would cost £12.99 via DPD.

Let me know what you think ;) If you want to drop me a PM with a contact number I can give you a buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭peking97

Could I jump in here and get a price for the Denon plus the BX2's assuming they're available in light coloured finish (cherry/beech or somesuch). Would also need wall/ceiling mounts to suit same. Cable not reqd as already in place.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

peking97 wrote: »
    Could I jump in here and get a price for the Denon plus the BX2's assuming they're available in light coloured finish (cherry/beech or somesuch). Would also need wall/ceiling mounts to suit same. Cable not reqd as already in place.

Peking,

Thanks a million for the post & the opportunity to quote - the Denon is an excellent system and matches really well with the BX2's.

The DM38 / BX2 Combination is already discounted to £419.95 - I can do a Boardie special for you at £369.95

Delivery for the system countrywide would be just £12.95.

Keep me posted if you have seen it cheaper - we have it all available ready to ship - you could be bopping away for the weekend!

Thanks again and as ever you know where we are if you have any queries,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

That sounds good so far John....any word on the wall/ceiling mounts? I'm assuming they are the same for BX1 and BX2..

http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/bronze-bx/bx1/

Also are the speakers available in the Natural Oak finish?

http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/bronze-bx/bx2/#/finishes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Peking.

We do generic wall mounts for those speakers.

They are called Gale SWB2U which are priced at £29.95.

These fit the speakers and will wall mount them with a swivel bracket.

We wouldn't have anything to mount them to the ceiling.

Many thanks

Dave

• Advertisement

SWMBO has shot down the BX2's as being too bulky and the BX1's are not that much smaller so my question now is can you recommend a smaller speaker set for use with the Denon without sacrificing too much on quality?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

peking97 wrote: »
    SWMBO has shot down the BX2's as being too bulky and the BX1's are not that much smaller so my question now is can you recommend a smaller speaker set for use with the Denon without sacrificing too much on quality?

Peking,

lots of options really but the BX2 are really excellent - but I understand that there is no point in trying to hold back the tide (so to speak!)

The dimensions of the BX2 (for comparison purposes) are 350 x 185 x 255 mm

So here are a few options:

Really Small & VERY Spouse Friendly!: DM38 & Monitor Audio Radius 90 HD - These are really beautiful speakers and available in a variety of finishes including real wood veneer - but the real beauties are the Piano Lacquer Black & especially the Piano Lacquer white versions - they come including very clever brackets and only measure:
    (H x W x D): mm 198 x 125 x 140 mm ie they are pretty tiny!

They sound great but they are expensive - normally retailing at £279.95/Pair - however if purchased with the Denon DM38 we would do the combo at just £369.95

Sorta small, good sounding option Next up is the Cambridge Audio S20 option - again good sounding and seriously compact - these measure just 198 x 129 x 178 and normally retail at £99.95 - again with the Denon DM38 I can do the combo at just £269.95.

The - Yeah I sorta want the small speakers but can you step up the quality a bit option?

Again from Cambridge Audio - the Cambridge Audio S30 speakers earned a 5 star review from What Hifi - Normally retailing at £129.95 - you gain extra bass response over the S20's - Dimensions: 226 x 167 x 230 and the price - £299.95 for the DM38/S30 Combo

The Last option for now
    This is not really the last option - but I'm being screamed at to do something else - Are the new Boston A23 Compact speakers - measuring just 205 x 132 x 126mm and finished in smart Black Piano Lacquer - They normally retail at £149.95/a pair - with the DM38 we can do them as a combo at just £299.95.

Keep me posted if any of the above grab your fancy, (and of course whats acceptable to the interior design police) and I'll pop them into reserved for you.

Thanks again and as ever - if you have any queries or if we can assist in any way please just drop me a line & I'll do my very best to assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

I know it's late but PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 deepsoul

We are very poor but quality sound is a human need. Recession cash-strapped dubliner here asking...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Can you possibly offer us the DM38 / BX2 Combination Boardie special at £369.95?

As it's for my sister they have to have the oak finish to fit with the decor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Deep.

Cheers for the order.

Hope you like the system and remember...the speakers are not edible so when the good runs out, don't attempt it !

ATB

Dave

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.