Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first time applying

Options
  • 17-06-2011 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

hey, so i filled out the interview application form and brought it to my local garda station to make my application. the 2 gardas on duty there said they neevr seen one before and made a few phone calls in which they told me i need to return again with my application form and the garda BR form . however i read somewhere else you dont need to BR form untill later on in the process,is this true?
    also, is there a high demand for places in garda reserve ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

Why did you got to the Garda Station with your application?

I understood that wasnt required until it came to BR time?

Its years since I done it but if you refresh my memory I may be able to comment or with more detail someone else may be able to assist.

As for demand there is an ongoing high level of interest. There has not been any statements released by AGS with regard to recruitment / or the cessation of same for Reserve Members.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

fireflys wrote: »
    hey, so i filled out the interview application form and brought it to my local garda station to make my application. the 2 gardas on duty there said they neevr seen one before and made a few phone calls in which they told me i need to return again with my application form and the garda BR form . however i read somewhere else you dont need to BR form untill later on in the process,is this true?
    also, is there a high demand for places in garda reserve ?

Hi the problem is you dont hand the interview form in your Garda station, they probaly never saw one as, its sent up to dublin i think, the garda station as nothing to do with the interview form part. you send the interview application form to the address shown on public jobs right next to the link where you downloaded the form. They then send you out a letter with an interview date/time/place and if you pass the interview you will be told around two weeks after interview date by a letter, if your successful and passed the interview then you download the BR form off public jobs and fill it out and hand it into the Garda station where they must fill out some of it, after that theres a long wait for the superindentant interview and the medical date, I just went through all of it for the past few months, just have to get laser eye surgery to pass my medical and I would say there is alot of people applying from what I can see, Hopefully that answered your questions :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭fireflys

thanks alot

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

fireflys wrote: »
    thanks alot

Your welcome :D

Advertisement