Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a TLC test done on an Eircom Line

Options
  • 17-06-2011 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭

I have Vodafone bb over an Eircom line and the VF support seem to think there's some interference on the line and recommended I get a Telephone Line Characteristics test done. Can you help? I called Eircom support and they have no idea what a TLC test is...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

rocky wrote: »
    I have Vodafone bb over an Eircom line and the VF support seem to think there's some interference on the line and recommended I get a Telephone Line Characteristics test done. Can you help? I called Eircom support and they have no idea what a TLC test is...

Just tell them to run a line test, the terminology TLC test means nothing to the helpdesk personel.

The terminology and abbreviations used in the industry vary from country to country and between large telcos. TLC test might be a term used by BT or some US companies or something like that.

Vodafone have to carry this test out for you. You're not an eircom customer and they should be able to request any tests that you need carried out on the line.

Report a line fault either on 1907, via www.vodafone.ie (my vodafone section) or else use the Vodafone Forum on here : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1270

If you're a Vodafone customer, while you're using eircom lines/equipment, Vodafone are your point of contact and they deal with Eircom Wholesale.

Eircom's 1901 helpline is only for Eircom's retail customers.

If you still get bills for line rental, separately, from eircom, then you can get them to test the line. Otherwise, you need to deal with Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Yep line rental is still with Eircom, I called their support which have no idea what a Telephone Line Characteristics Test is (have used the full name, not only the acronym). It could be a case of keep calling until I get the right support person...

rocky wrote: »
    Yep line rental is still with Eircom, I called their support which have no idea what a Telephone Line Characteristics Test is (have used the full name, not only the acronym). It could be a case of keep calling until I get the right support person...

OK - ring 1901, then say "report a fault" and their friendly customer care voice recognition system, HAL 9000, will attempt to diagnose the problem automatically.

Basically, you're reporting that there are crackles on the line / interference.

The problem is that phone line is ok, so no fault will be found. What VF needs is the actual numbers of the TLC test, I don't suppose HAL will tell me?

He will just keep saying something along the lines of "I'm sorry Dave, but I can't let you do that!"

No, I think he eventually comes out with some creepy lines and you'll have to go in and unplug his brain while he sings "daisy, daisy ..." and so on :D

Well, go through to an operator and insist on getting those crackles which are MAKING IT HARD TO HEAR, fixed.

• Advertisement

I see :)

The main thing is to highlight the fact that there are audible crackles.

Advertisement