Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blood Brothers

Options
  • 17-06-2011 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭

Went to see this the other day in the Gaeity with my mam and sister and thought it was brilliant.For a musical thats been doing the round for the last 30 years I thought it was still vibrant and full of life.My mam had seen it 30 years ago with Rebecca Storm in it and was still impressed with this version.

Any one else go to see it and what were your opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dubdaymo

Yes, I saw it at the Gaiety last week and it was still as fresh as when I saw it in London many years ago. The guy that played Mickey was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

dubdaymo wrote: »
    Yes, I saw it at the Gaiety last week and it was still as fresh as when I saw it in London many years ago. The guy that played Mickey was brilliant.

Yeah he was so energetic that it was a brilliant contrast when he was playing his adult medicated self.

I'd say he goes home sore after shows though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Saw it for the first time last week and thought it was great. It was a bit long though, and those seats are MAD uncomfortable!!!

Mickey was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I went to see this for the first time last week, I hadn't even heard the soundtrack or anything. I absolutely loved it. Naturally, I was sobbing at the end of it! Mickey really was incredible, it must be completely exhausting to play that role night after night. I loved the narrator too, thought he had a great voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭cabaret

Totally agree. Brilliant performances and the soundtrack was chilling (in a good way!) Love that song; "Shoes on the table". "Easy Terms", was another epic song! This musical is so relate able. There was so much life in the characters and I have to say a month after seeing it for the first time I still smile when I think about it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Saw it a few years ago and loved it. My wife (who rarely cries) blubbed at the end. I think it was the shock of the bang and the sadness of it. It really upset her. Rebecca Storm was super in it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

Saw it tonight in the Cork Opera House , brillant performance

• Registered Users Posts: 18,605 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Have seen it a few times and it just gets better and better.
    If only I could sing,I'd be up there alongside Rebecca Storm, singing 'Tell me it's not true'.
    Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

Amazing I loved it!

Advertisement