Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bachelor of Technology (Education) in Materials and Architectural Technology (UL)

Options
  • 17-06-2011 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Im a carpenter looking to get into teaching, I was thinking of applying for the above course as a mature student and im looking for a heads up on the course, ie would it be advisable to be at a certain stanard (LC higher/lower) of tech drawing, maths etc.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I believe they start off with the basics. I'm going into it hopefully next year with DCG and Construction Studies under my belt but I've heard stories of people starting the course off with neither done beforehand. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to brush up on Maths in time for September.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 brianbhoy1888

I am in 3rd year Metalwork, and the two courses are very much the same. I just had Junior Cert Drawing and I still in the course! You only have one module of maths and that's in 1st year, and it's pretty much LC Ordinary level standard

Advertisement