Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychology IADT

Options
  • 17-06-2011 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi. I have Psychology at IADT as my first choice on CAO. Could anyone tell me how much maths is involved in this course. Thinking of changing my mind before July 1st. Help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Crumbs87

Sorry this reply may be coming a bit too late but in case you're still interested - You'll do a statistics module for three of the four years so maths is definitely a factor however I was shockingly bad at maths in school but managed the statistics fine. Also, once you've learnt how to do them by hand you'll be shown a program which pretty much does it all for you so when it comes to actually using them for your thesis it's quite simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 cathnews

Thanks for the advice...but you are a day too late !! I've filled in my CAO change of mind yesterday. I've decided safest bet would be psychology through Arts in NUIG and hopefully get into 2nd yr.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sportsguy1991

If you really wish to pursue psychology as a career and don't have sufficient cao points for the credible institutions supplying the service, then go through the back door to one of them.

I know UCD and some others don't offer this path but a lot do. Galway, Maynooth and more give you the opportunity to put in a year of work and get where you want to be. If you really want to go down the psychology road, the one year of work in arts to qualify for the limited backdoor spots is the way to go. If you really want it, you'll get it. Simple.

If you do choose IADT/Waterford, you are wasting your college grant, and will have to pay 7000-9000 for repeating first year in a proper college to do what you could be doing come September.

Don't waste such a chunk of money and a year of your life, take the back door somewhere and work really hard or what you are passionate about.

Advertisement