Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New account- old worlds?

• 17-06-2011 4:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭

Here's the deal- I've been playing Minecraft (single player) for a while, but not on my account- I asked someone on a random forum and he gave me his account details so I could activate it on my computer and play offline 'til I bought it myself. (never underestimate the kindness of strangers!)

Well, I now have the money and time to buy an account myself, but I'm not sure whether or not I can use the worlds I had been playing on a new account? I had a world that I'd been playing for a few weeks but it somehow bugged out and got deleted so I only have a few hours put into the one I'm playing now but I'd hate to have to start from scratch yet again...

Long story short- Are worlds account-specific?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Zantergog

multiplayer worlds (servers) are not account specific.

If you can get whitleisted you can get on ..

HOWEVER...

Anything you did specific to that account will remain, home, anylocked chests/doors etc . So depends on how the world was set up. If chests had a p/w on them then you can just enter that and continue. If thery were locked to a character then you can't , but you might ask a friendly mod to open them.

Any single player ones can still be accessed with your old account, just don't connect to the net and play offline.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭njd2010

I'm not worried about multiplayer just singleplayer... I don't actually have the password for that account any more, it's remembered in the password box but I don't think I have any way of getting it back if I edit that field- so basically, in my case at least, if I make a new account I will not be able to access my old one again, since single player worlds can only be accessed with the account that made them, is that correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

No, it's not account specific...

It's saved on The same PC

If I create a world with my account here, and then you login, you can play on the same world :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭njd2010

Oh ok that's what I hoped for, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

njd2010 wrote: »
    Oh ok that's what I hoped for, thanks!
    No bother :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Zantergog

what Tallon said :)

Advertisement