Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data usage on Iphone 4..help!!

Options
  • 17-06-2011 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hello, I recently upgraded from a 3GS to Iphone 4 16gb. It seems to have burnt off 100mb of data by downloading facebook, jelly sms and shazam apps. I did a little browsing, nothing crazy and also had it on airplane mode during night.

At this rate i will be well over my usage by the end of the week!

Anybody any idea why this might be or any tips on what to do?

Cheers guys!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭omega666

Fancy That wrote: »
    Hello, I recently upgraded from a 3GS to Iphone 4 16gb. It seems to have burnt off 100mb of data by downloading facebook, jelly sms and shazam apps. I did a little browsing, nothing crazy and also had it on airplane mode during night.

Cheers guys!!

cant imagine those few apps would use that much data,
    Can you not use wifi (home or a free wifispot) to do your updates/downloads?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Gerard93

omega666 wrote: »

Cheers guys!!

Download 3G watchdog you can keep an eye on your usage it'll estimate your usage by the end of the month at your current usage pattern so you'll easiely see if your going over your allowanceicon12.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Fancy That

Thanks guys!

But it still doesnt explain why its burning so much data?? Did loads on old phone including youtube clips and never went over...strange

Check 3G Watchdog before and after each application you'll see exactly whats using what then

Will do, thanks G!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

thread moved to apple media devices

oops, moved to gadgets by mistake. await gadgets mod to fix :)

no problem OP let us know how u get on!

Hi guys,

I took the phone back to the shop as it was obvious something was wrong. 100mb in a day and a half!!

Vodafone gave me a new one which seems to be working perfectly. When i asked them the reason the shop said they had just been informed the phone was dodgy and to replace it.

I have done some research and it seems some iphone 4's have a problem with the operating system and this causes overuse of data.

Thanks fo all the help!!

Advertisement