Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New rifle stock

Options
  • 17-06-2011 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

I was in stakelums today and Sean showed me one of ejg's carbon fibre stocks for a tikka. As luck would have it I had the rifle in the car so we put the stock on the rifle and not only did it give a SERIOUS weight reduction, but it looked very cool too. If I had had the cheque book with me I would have bought it on the spot, but I didn't, so I'm going back in tomorrow to get it. Sean said a friend of his will glass bed it for me, so I should be able to get that done next week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 shane32819

what tikka does it fit? post a pic when if you get it id be interested in seeing that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

I'm putting it on a supervarmint and it fits very well, the barrel is free floated better in this new stock and I'd hope to see an improvement in accuracy between that and the glass bedding

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Feidhlim Dignan

thoses stocks look class.

when i eventualy get around to it im going to put one on a tika 6.5 for deer :P someday:rolleyes:

Stick up a pic when you get it cant get enough of the

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

i'll have pics of it tomorrow, and i'll put up some more once i get it bedded.
    it looks savage in it

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

Just wondered will you need to bed the stock.
    You should contact Edi and get his opinion first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

Very thin skimm bedding would be perfect.
    Maybe just scratch or sand the paint in the bedding area and skimm bed.
    Our stocks have integrated carbon pillars, inserting metal pillars would be a step backwards.
    The Tikka stock has a fairly tight fit, you might find it shoots very well without bedding.
    Bedding is mostly better in the long run thogh, especially with stronger recoiling rifles.

enjoy your stock
    edi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

declan1980 wrote: »
    I was in stakelums today and Sean showed me one of ejg's carbon fibre stocks for a tikka. As luck would have it I had the rifle in the car so we put the stock on the rifle and not only did it give a SERIOUS weight reduction, but it looked very cool too. If I had had the cheque book with me I would have bought it on the spot, but I didn't, so I'm going back in tomorrow to get it. Sean said a friend of his will glass bed it for me, so I should be able to get that done next week.

They are lovely stocks. I will be getting one for my sako as soon as I can. He is developing a tactical stock that is lovely.
    It's great to have a stock builder of his caliber on our door step.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    They are lovely stocks. I will be getting one for my sako as soon as I can. He is developing a tactical stock that is lovely.
    It's great to have a stock builder of his caliber on our door step.

I`d like a look at the tactical stock for my 300wm.....

Edi do you do a long action???????

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

Long action is no problem. Especially with Remmy.
    The Tac stock will be short action Remmy out of the mould but is easily
    converted to long. Might be another month till that is ready.
    The adjustable cheek is taking longer than expected to design.
    Did a remmy 300WM sendero with a hunter stock recently, we balanced that stock
    with some weight added into the comb which also reduces muzzle flip.
    Had a shot with it, was nice to shoot.
    edi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

hi Edi have you or can you make a stock for a sako 75 varmint in .223

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

ejg wrote: »
    Long action is no problem. Especially with Remmy.
    The Tac stock will be short action Remmy out of the mould but is easily
    converted to long. Might be another month till that is ready.
    The adjustable cheek is taking longer than expected to design.
    Did a remmy 300WM sendero with a hunter stock recently, we balanced that stock
    with some weight added into the comb which also reduces muzzle flip.
    Had a shot with it, was nice to shoot.
    edi

Sounds good mate......
    Will ya keep me posted...will be very interested in it.
    Is it a similar design to the Tac stock you made up a while back...
    I did like that..

Advertisement