Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Exams Rechecked

• 17-06-2011 6:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hey dudes,

Got my results a few days ago, 2.1, but I only got 57% in maths and was expecting alot more(this is what dragged me 2% under a 1.1). Because its maths I kinda KNOW hands down what i got wrong, and im the only one in my class ive heard about that passed the maths so i feel the Lecture was just hard marking it.

So i have a few q's about getting the exams rechecked.

1. How do i get a single exam rechecked?
    2. Is it the same corrector that rechecks the exams?
    3. If it is usually the same corrector is there a way to change to a new corrector?
    4. Can grades go down as well as up?(i assume so)

I am happy with my result, but that half the class failed maths and i was expecting more anyway makes me think the marking was unfairly harsh. That im only 2.2% off a first is also a pulling factor... :)

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

The pdf linked below will give you all the information Doriath

The pdf linked below will give you all the information Doriath

Sorry you'll be better reading this, I put down the wrong pdf.
    1. See below
    2. No different corrector
    3. Same as 2
    4. Grades can go up or down
    Page 9:
    15. EXAMINATION RESULTS
    Official examination results will be published on the Institute Website (www.itcarlow.ie) as soon as practical after the
    Examination Board Meeting. Academic Staff will be available for consultation on that day.

16. EXAMINATION RECHECK/REVIEW/APPEAL
    Re-check means the administrative operation of checking the recording and the addition of marks for one or more
    subjects as requested. A recheck is carried out by the Internal Examiner(s)/Head of School/Head of Centre/Head of
    Department for the subject/s.
    Where a recheck indicates that a result is changed, the Examination Board will reconsider the full set of results.
    Review means the reconsideration in detail of all or part of the existing examination material, where feasible, by the
    Internal Examiner/s and a second Internal/External Examiner. The Examination Board will then reconsider the full
    set of results.
    Where a review indicates that a result is changed, the Examination Board will reconsider the full set of results.
    Appeal means an appeal against the outcome of a review or recheck. The appeal will be considered by an Examinations Appeal
    Board

EXAMINATION RECHECK PROCEDURES
    1. Recheck application to be received by the Examination Officer within two calendar months after publication of
    the candidate’s provisional examination results.

2. Application for a Recheck must be made on the appropriate form, be signed by the applicant, include the fee
    and be submitted to the Examination Office. Forms are available from the Examination Office and the School
    Administration Offices.

3. Recheck will be carried out by the Internal Examiner(s)/Head of School/Head of Centre/Head of Department
    for the subject/s.

4. One recheck report form to be completed by each examiner in respect of each subject rechecked.

5. Recheck results will be entered on the appropriate form and returned to the Examination Office.

6. The official result of the Recheck will be communicated in writing to the student at his/her registered address.

7. An appeal against the result of a recheck must be received by the Examination Officer not later than two weeks
    from the date on which the result is communicated to the applicant.

EXAMINATION REVIEW PROCEDURES

1. Review applications to be received by the Examination Officer within two calendar months after publication of
    the candidate’s provisional examination results.

2. Application for a Review must be made on the appropriate form, signed by the applicant, include the fee and be
    submitted to the Examination Office. Forms are available from the Examination Office and the School
    Administration Offices.

3. The review will be carried out by the Internal and a second Internal/External Examiner.

4. One review report form to be completed by each examiner in respect of each subject reviewed.

5. Decisions in relation to the Review will be entered on the appropriate form and returned to the Examination Office.

6. The official result of the Review will be communicated in writing to the student at his/her registered address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭Doriath

i love you so much right now <3:D

thanks dude! :D

Doriath wrote: »
    i love you so much right now <3:D

thanks dude! :D

:D haha best of luck with them

• Registered Users Posts: 1 calippo

just remember thought that you average mark is split over 60 credits for a full year. so you need to increase your mark overall all by 2% x 60 credits which means you would need to increase your overall result on maths paper to 69... best of luck with it though, anything is worth a try..;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement