Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Perry TD, 100 Day's are up.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Wester

Him and McLoughlin both have disgraced themselves but sure what do people expect, that FG would be any different to FF? They both came out of the same organisation and the only people who've ever seen any difference between the two are the same eejits whose ancestors fought over whether Dev was a bo..x or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

How did we ever elect such a gob****e?

This is what we are subjected to...

http://soundcloud.com/oceanfm/minister-john-perry-fg-hangs?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=twitter&utm_content=http://soundcloud.com/oceanfm/minister-john-perry-fg-hangs

He is a disgrace, FG and FF are each a cheek from the same arse

Sligo-North Leitrim had some really uninspiring candidates; apart from the tossers who were elected we were offered the cousins MacSharry and Clarke, even worse than Perry and McLoughlin!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Considering the amount of counts it took to decide the Sligo/North Leitreim allot of people were undesisive on who they wanted.

Putting that aside he was elected and he should be keeping to the election pledges that he made. How many days left now to reinstate services, 20 or there abouts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

And don't forget his pledge to keep the PSO money for Sligo Airport too ;)

As for Tony, I haven't heard a whole lot out of him since he snook in.

Don't expect to either.

Promises, promises

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

Pete M. wrote: »

Don't expect to either.

Promises, promises

McLoughlin was bottom of the pond on the Corpo, you could always rely on some stupidity of his to reported in the Chumpion, in the Dail he is in the primeval soup.

Perry is the Gombben TD par excellence.

You can always on Sligo Leitrim to be in the competition for worst TD's in the Dail, perhaps they will resign from FG in protect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

Pete M. wrote: »

Don't expect to either.

Promises, promises

McLoughlin was bottom of the pond on the Corpo, you could always rely on some stupidity of his to reported in the Chumpion, in the Dail he is in the primeval soup.

Perry is the Gombben TD par excellence.

You can always on Sligo Leitrim to be in the competition for worst TD's in the Dail, perhaps they will resign from FG in protest at the withdrawal.
    of cancer services, perhaps we are lucky to have such ineffectual reps, god knows what montrosities they would inflict on this poor benighted town if they were halfway near any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I'm not standing up for John but I have to say I don't like the way the presenter on the radio station speaks to people.

Ah come on :confused:

John got a fairly gentle going over really. The man is a TD and is meant to represent you and I. He is failing miserably as far as I'm concerned.

If anyone acted inappropriately during that interview, it was Perry, not the presenter.

Poor auld Niall :P

I like the very end of the clip though - "...and that's minister john perry gone..."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I didn't hear it but I do find Niall rude to people.

Tbh, if I was speaking to Minister Perry, I'd probably end up being rather rude myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭shellyriver

Fair play to Niall Delaney on this - Perry, trumped up the Cancer Card and got elected. When it came to coming up with the goods, he doesn't like to be reminded of it, when he has failed to deliver.

His attempt to personalise it back on Delaney -- was tragic and an utter kop-out.

In the main, local reps get an easy ride -- when it comes to important issues, health, access and jobs, they are abysmal.

Abolish the Senate, methinks the Dail is the first place for dismantling.

Roll on a quick election -- let's see if Ireland has any balls, because mark my words this country is facing utter social ruination -- real change is needed, I mean, REAL change.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

This is the scum who claim to represent us. The overpaid sap! we pay his bloated salary so he has some cheek in hanging up. It's his job to provide answers to us, he is accountable to us.........oh wait..........I forgot...............this is Ireland, silly me.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Wester

magnumlady wrote: »
    I didn't hear it but I do find Niall rude to people.

It is true that a lot of presenters tend to be adversarial especially with politicians on programs such as the one that Niall Delaney presents, but you have to consider what they're dealing with. Politicians rely on PR professionals to tell them what to say. PR is one of the most cynical and manipulative "professions," for want of a better word, there is, so it's no wonder radio presenters get a bit aggro trying to cut through the guff. Perry hung up because he was exposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭slapbangwallop

Remember this?

2.00 in for McLaughlin

5.50 for Perry

Seemed happy to answer the tough questions (with lies?) when he was looking for our vote!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoMrPyu8N2A&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭slapbangwallop

Just after looking at that video again and it struck me - jesus was a tit that Marc 'it was ME' MacSharry is.

What an odious little man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

What a gimp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 eirigi Sligeach

Remember this?

2.00 in for McLaughlin

5.50 for Perry

Seemed happy to answer the tough questions (with lies?) when he was looking for our vote!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoMrPyu8N2A&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

And dont forget that Labour Senator Susan O Keefe's pledge to resign is in their also. She was on OceanFM today defending the U-Turn. Not sure if they have it online but would like to hear it again in more detail

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭shellyriver

There it is. The very clear declarations from both now incumbent sitting FG TDs.

Tony McLoughlin stated that Fine Gael will re-introduce Cancer Services, with a commitment being given.

John Perry will resign from Fine Gael if that same commitment is not honoured etc.

No caveat, no double-speak.

Hospital will be upgraded and Cancer services returned etc.

Let's await developments.

Will a hat, some pepper and a knife and fork will be supplied on day 100?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

It's ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Essexboy wrote: »
    Sligo-North Leitrim had some really uninspiring candidates; apart from the tossers who were elected we were offered the cousins MacSharry and Clarke, even worse than Perry and McLoughlin!
    You can add Bree and Cawley to that list too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭the_wabbitt

Will someone wake up and smell the coffee, the HSE is so financially ****ed at thenmoment that if the cancer services were reinstated in Sligo it would mean the removal of some other service!

While it is an emotive subject the over all status of Sligo General Hospital as a GENERAL HOTPITAL is more important. While the candidates were banging on our doors begging for our votes they were aware of the financial position of the HSE.

On the subject of John (I will appear at the opening of an envelope) Perry, I have always thought he was a blathering fool. Well we elected him, and like it or not, given the majority of the current administration, we are stuck with him! The best thing he can do is to to Terri Prone and learnA how to speak and B how to conduct himself when talking to the media.

The comment by magnum lady about Niall Delaneys ignorance is to me without foundation when painted against background of the programmed previous presenter Robert Walshe, who's only achievement in Ocean Fm was to ensure that every politician in the region refused to ta to him. Some accolade given that it is a current affairs show. As for Delaney, he is an award winning journalist of impeccable moral standards and for a blathering fool of a SO CALLED politician to question his motives is bordering on the lowest of the low.

In short WELL DONE SLIGO / NORTH LEITRIM !!!!! You elected him.

W

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Tupamaros

AgileMyth wrote: »
    You can add Bree and Cawley to that list too.

No, you can't.

To compare Bree to FF/FG gombeens is laughable to be honest, he's the only councillor (along with SF perhaps) that has continually opposed civil war parish pump nonsense in Sligo. People may disagree with him on issues, but to compare him to FG and FF...:rolleyes:

Disgraceful from Perry, but sure in Ireland what do politics or capability matter, sure didn't he fix the road!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Ronan Keating

Tupamaros wrote: »
    No, you can't.

To compare Bree to FF/FG gombeens is laughable to be honest, he's the only councillor (along with SF perhaps) that has continually opposed civil war parish pump nonsense in Sligo. People may disagree with him on issues, but to compare him to FG and FF...:rolleyes:

Disgraceful from Perry, but sure in Ireland what do politics or capability matter, sure didn't he fix the road!!

Agree with you about Bree - the only honest councillor in the Strandhill area.
    In January, MacManus supported rezoning land in Rosses Point and Grange, putting the interests of the speculators before good planning. So much for SF's talk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

Its taken as a given that polititians are arsewipes.

But what about the cancer services?

Terminal cases require pain control (Paliative? team access) and possibly radiation treatment, plus regular home visits by these teams to monitor medication etc. Are these resources in place?

Treatable cases are completely different, they need to be seen by "busy" surgeons... ie the guys that have the experience to know best how to deal with it, hence the plan to centralise these services. Good in my opinion.

Medically Its a great idea, but the logistics are the challenging part - only someone who has gone through it can attest IMHO. Its tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I know of a lady suffering from cancer who couldn't get into town (she lived about 10 miles out), when she was reasonably well, due to double incontinence whilst receiving treatment for cancer in Sligo.

Can you imagine the horror of having to get a bus to Galway in that situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Fishtits wrote: »

Terminal cases require pain control (Paliative? team access) and possibly radiation treatment, plus regular home visits by these teams to monitor medication etc. Are these resources in place?

Treatable cases are completely different, they need to be seen by "busy" surgeons... ie the guys that have the experience to know best how to deal with it, hence the plan to centralise these services. Good in my opinion.

Medically Its a great idea, but the logistics are the challenging part - only someone who has gone through it can attest IMHO. Its tough.

Well this is what we were hoping for in Sligo or similar from Perrys pre election promise. Chemo and radio threapy is difficult enough with out having to travel for a few hours in each direction.

The Sligo services are not just of benifit to Sligo and Leitrim, but those living beyond this as well. Parts of Donegal are a 2 hour plus drive away from Sligo, add that to a drive to Dublin, and its simply not good enough for people who are terminally ill to be treated like this.
    I know of a lady suffering from cancer who couldn't get into town (she lived about 10 miles out), when she was reasonably well, due to double incontinence whilst receiving treatment for cancer in Sligo.

Can you imagine the horror of having to get a bus to Galway in that situation?

A perfect example for a Centre of excellence to be in the North West.

Fishtits wrote: »

Dude,
    You clearly know nothing about cancer and its treatment, dividing patients into just two groups.
    You need to learn about brachtherapy, hormone therapy and orchidectomies for a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Essexboy wrote: »
    Agree with you about Bree - the only honest councillor in the Strandhill area.

/spits coffee all over the keyboards

I say.... you didn't say honest did you?
    I was at the meeting on Tuesday night. Bree is constantly claiming he had the support of the Cranmore Community to remove the bridge from the plan, well he was told out straight the other night he does not. What kind of kangaroo council do we have. They push to get the bridge moved forward in 2005, they sign off on the Gateway Inovation submission in 2007 which cleary connects the two projects. They sign off €750,000 to develop the bridge in 2007. And then they removed the bridge from the plan after receiving 279 submissions in favour of the bridge and not one against in 2008. Its a joke that they can try and justify this micky mouse behaviour

Yeah, what an honest politician he is indeed. Must be why he did so well in the General Elections this year too.

The man changes his mind when it suits him, or should I say when it suits his agenda, as demonstrated above. As a historical Bree voter, I will never be voting for him again.

The comment by magnum lady about Niall Delaneys ignorance is to me without foundation when painted against background of the programmed previous presenter Robert Walshe, who's only achievement in Ocean Fm was to ensure that every politician in the region refused to ta to him. Some accolade given that it is a current affairs show. As for Delaney, he is an award winning journalist of impeccable moral standards and for a blathering fool of a SO CALLED politician to question his motives is bordering on the lowest of the

So the reputation of a politican can be called into question, but that of a presenter asking the questions (Who is a well known FF man) can't be. What a load of rot. He, like any other broadcaster or political figure is in the public domain, and as such is subject to the same scrutiny as everyone else in the public eye.
    Him being of impeccable moral standards is you're opinion, which you are entitled to hold, but no one else is obliged to hold the same view. Winning an award is hardly relevant to this.
    P.S. I don't agree with what Perry did either, but if you can dish it out, you should be able to take it too, and that goes for both parties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭edolan

Hopefully the people of Sligo are beginning to realise that there are actually other alternatives to Fianna Fail and Fine Gael. Maybe they will provide a decent alternative if they aren't in power and know that they will not get back into power when popularity for the other drops.

Advertisement