Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Perry TD, 100 Day's are up.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

My only point on the day was if he was that sure of the restoration of services then why not just sign the pledge?

He wasn't. How could he be?
    Perry and his ilk are all careerists and main concern is a mixture of being re-elected and keeping in favour with the party.

100% correct. In it for themselves before anyone else.
    It seems odd to me that he would make this ridiculous 100 day restoration pledge knowing full well it was never going to happen.

Sad thing is that it isn't odd really. It's the norm.
    If the FG/Labour coalition restore services to Sligo general then I will be happy to eat my words, but it won't happen.

I think we'd all be just glad to have the services restored. I wouldn't be falling over thanking them though. For doing something they should do anyway.
    The sad reality is that by then people will be fed up with FG and Labour and will have to look back at the other side of the coin and the new faces but same bulls*it of FF will be looked towards to represent us in the Dail. Civil war politics and our skepticism at any sort of fresh approach to our problems are half the reason we are close to financial ruin. That's another topic though I guess.

I really hope that this doesn't turn out to be the case.
    There are alternatives. It will take an even more 'historic' election though.
    But the world is changing all the time and it's better to be aware of that and to be the change (Fcuk that sounds so bleedin corny:o)
    As for being close to financial ruin, I thought that was where we were at. But I suppose it can (and will?) gets worse before it gets better :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I remember Alwyn Love coming to the door on his campaign and telling us he wouldn't make any promises and not to believe other's that did because unless you have the backing of the government you aren't in a position to keep these promises.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭mistermouse

Firstly I think Niall Delaney is a first class broadcaster and journalist, but he didn't need much in this case to allow Perry show himself up.

Apart from the gaff of promising something he must have known he couldn't or might not have been able to deliver, his decision to hang up in this case shows extraordinary political inability.

He neither offered an explanation or reasoning but treated not only the interviewer, the listeners, but also the electorate arrogance by hanging up.

He craves publicity like all politicians but if this is typical of his party when dealing with hard questions or negotions then the country is screwed.

If Sligo North Leitrim elect him again, not just his media performance but as that of a TD then we will show we are screwed and unfit to be self ruled.

And that not even going into his expenses.

Poor John, they didn't make it a conference call with his advisors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭chicken fingers

I could not even understand the minister.
    Ba-ba-ba-ba-youveanagenda-ba-ba-ba
    Such bluster. Form a sentence with your words, and use those words to convey a message to the listened. This was nonsense. And then hanging up!
    Such childish nonsense.

Will he get a nice fat pension after he fails to be re-elected?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

If Sligo North Leitrim elect him again

They won't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

I'd be surprised if Perry doesn't get re-elected. He'll have turned himself around again by the time the elections come around again. Did people honestly vote for him this time cos they thought he'd actually bring the cancer services back? If you did, you should never be allowed vote again.

The country ones love him, he'll get in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

thebuzz wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if Perry doesn't get re-elected. He'll have turned himself around again by the time the elections come around again. Did people honestly vote for him this time cos they thought he'd actually bring the cancer services back? If you did, you should never be allowed vote again.

The country ones love him, he'll get in again.

I dont know if its still possible to look at the quotas and the counts, but it took till the very end of counting before anyone was elected. He didn't make his quota till the very end (or a couple of counts to go). The votes were very spread out and people seemed undecided, and I think this farce now could see perry definatly out if it was to be ran again.

I'm certainly glad I did not give him my top preferences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

I quite Sure John Perry did'nt make promises he knew he couldnt keep at election time.He's not the minister for health or airports so the decisions are not his to make.Another 4 billion coming out next year sure to be alot more painful decisions and it makes difference who is the TD for Sligo.Cuts are gonna be made regardless of any promises made in election time,guess people just need someone to blame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭In The Sticks

magnumlady wrote: »
    I didn't hear it but I do find Niall rude to people.
    Im sorry but you cant be allowed to turn this on Niall Delaney, Niall merely asked John Perry to comment on the cancer services returning to SGH, John Perry simply 'threw his toys from his pram' and slammed down the phone. It is public knowledge that Minister perry said that he would resign if the services were not back in SGH within 100 days.

As for that other 'spanner' Tony Mcloughlin, what can I say. A 'cute whore' is how I would describe him, in it for the pension and the few bob at the end of the month, he has no interest at all in the people that elected him.

Will we ever see sense, We elected the last shower in and looked what happened, and now we go and elect a new breed.... Denis Noughton, you had a lucky escape.

Im sorry but you cant be allowed to turn this on Niall Delaney, Niall merely asked John Perry to comment on the cancer services returning to SGH, John Perry simply 'threw his toys from his pram' and slammed down the phone. It is public knowledge that Minister perry said that he would resign if the services were not back in SGH within 100 days.

As for that other 'spanner' Tony Mcloughlin, what can I say. A 'cute whore' is how I would describe him, in it for the pension and the few bob at the end of the month, he has no interest at all in the people that elected him.

Will we ever see sense, We elected the last shower in and looked what happened, and now we go and elect a new breed.... Denis Noughton, you had a lucky escape.

Providing ones personal opinion that Niall Delaney can be rude at times is hardly turning things onto him as a whole now is it....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

The times I've listened to Niall Delaney I never thought he was rude. He does cut people, usually politicians off mid sentence when they are about to fill 5 minutes of air time with jargon and absolute muck.

The times I've listened to Niall Delaney I never thought he was rude. He does cut people, usually politicians off mid sentence when they are about to fill 5 minutes of air time with jargon and absolute muck.

Indeed, he may save some listeners from some prearranged waffle approved by a spin doctor. Boo hiss for not letting the twats have a free reign......... Not!

By the same token, I don't thin that my farts stink. Does that mean they actually don't?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭In The Sticks

Essexboy wrote: »
    Sligo-North Leitrim had some really uninspiring candidates; apart from the tossers who were elected we were offered the cousins MacSharry and Clarke, even worse than Perry and McLoughlin!

Please... you are forgetting our 'Queen of the dip in the nip' Susan O'Keefe or should I say Sen. Susan O'Keefe, that thought and vision will stay with me for the rest of my days!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Tupamaros

4Sheets wrote: »
    I quite Sure John Perry did'nt make promises he knew he couldnt keep at election time.He's not the minister for health or airports so the decisions are not his to make.Another 4 billion coming out next year sure to be alot more painful decisions and it makes difference who is the TD for Sligo.Cuts are gonna be made regardless of any promises made in election time,guess people just need someone to blame.

No we don't need someone to blame, all we are asking for is integrity and honesty. People understand FF messed up the country. What I want at least from the crowd replacing them is honesty, not a pile of promises that are broken right after they get into office. People will see through FG in the end, of that I'm sure. My only worry is they go back to FF!

Advertisement