Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

steam free to play games

Options
  • 17-06-2011 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

has anyone tried out any of these yet? i know i could try them but bandwidth is a bit of an issue so was wondering had anyone got them already

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Alien Swarm was great fun i played it about a year ago.

Also 2 source mods that are good are Insurgency and Age of Chivalry, if you have HL2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Spunge wrote: »
    Alien Swarm was great fun i played it about a year ago.

Also 2 source mods that are good are Insurgency and Age of Chivalry, if you have HL2.

I think the OP is talking about the new additions of free-to-play MMO-type games that have been recently added.

I've played Global Agenda, it was fairly decent but nothing to keep me interested although I was on a Tribes high at the time, it lacked the pure speed of Tribes to keep me interested at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Oh right.
    Why limit yourself to steam for MMOs though. there are tonnes of free-to-play MMOs out there, some of the better ones being Lord of the Rings Online and Dungeons and Dragons Online

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Spiral-Knights is actually oretty fun, a 4 player top down hack & slash. Plus got a free hat in TF2 :D (thats all Steam is now, isnt it. A TF2 hat dispenser)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Since when was LOTRO free ?

I stopped playing partly because I didn't wanna have to pay for it each month, and upon leaving gave ALL my stuff away...hmm..slightly regretting that now that you've mentioned it's free :S

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I heard AVA is good.

The trailer on steam is more of its zombie mode rather then the general versus mode. It's big korea iirc.

Advertisement