Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name send instead of number

Options
  • 17-06-2011 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hello there is a group of us thinking of setting up a soccer supporters club and would like to know how to send out text messages to members, with our club name shown instead of the number of the phone. I have seen some of the text messages send out from nite clubs and the name of the club comes up even though it is not saved on the phone. thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

damob2000 wrote: »
    Hello there is a group of us thinking of setting up a soccer supporters club and would like to know how to send out text messages to members, with our club name shown instead of the number of the phone. I have seen some of the text messages send out from nite clubs and the name of the club comes up even though it is not saved on the phone. thank you

I would imagine that you would need to register it with an operator as a business. I think that's how it is done anyway. Im open to correction though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

There are more modern ways, email, twitter, facebook etc.
    Texting is just sooo noughties :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

You can do it with one of the many Internet based services that do bulk texts but you pay per text. It might be easier to just dedicate a prepay aim number for it with free texts and let people know that it is for that purpose so that you they can save the name against the number.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 damob2000

cheers lads we have the email, twitter and facebook set up. using the phone as members will have it on them and may not have the twitter, facebook etc on the phone. May just let people save number as not going to be able to spend to much money.

Advertisement