Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving domain hosting from Blackknight to bluehost

Options
  • 17-06-2011 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hey all,

My friend has a hosting account with bluehost one of the biggest hosts in the US. He have an i.e. domain registered with Blackknight Ireland and he wants to add to point the Irish domain to my bluehost account. Bluhost says that I need to update my DNS on my Blackknight account to their nameservers then add the domain to his bluehost CPanel - I have done this before successfully with a South African domain however BlackKnight says that if DNS is not set to bluehost they will not give you DNS management for that domain so he is caught in the middle here.

Any suggestions about what I could do to resolve this quickly for him?

Thanks, DL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

The IEDR won't permit a domain to use nameservers unless they are preloaded.

The domain has to be setup on the Bluehost nameservers before they can be used.

Advertisement