Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College!!!!!!

• 17-06-2011 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭

Anyone else unbelievably excited for college!! First we get summer, then it's gonna be the best end of summer ever with the start of college :D (please god :o)

But I can't wait, not only for the drinking and all that but I've always dreamt of sitting in a lecture half asleep for some reason :P What part are ye looking forward to the most??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

I can't wait!

I'm mostly looking forward to being able to study stuff I'm interested in for once... well mostly, I'm just happy I won't have to study maths anymore. :P

And just the whole experience of moving away from home, moving on from secondary school, making new friends and everything. Should be good. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

I'll be excited once i get my offer in the CAO tbh.
    I don't want to get my hopes up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Me too!!! ZOMFG!

I'm going into my 8th year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

flyaway. wrote: »
    I can't wait!

I'm mostly looking forward to being able to study stuff I'm interested in for once... well mostly, I'm just happy I won't have to study maths anymore. :P

Although I am looking forward to studying something i'm interested in,it wouldn't be what i'm looking forward to the most. (studying in general that is because i've been studying alot recently :rolleyes:) Definitely more lookin' forward to the craic and meeting new people.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Potentially making new best friends is very exciting, and meeting all sorts of people you wouldn't find in your town with your interests :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭ciff

I'll have no proper college experience as I'm staying at home because UCC is on the doorstep. What a disaster.

ciff wrote: »
    I'll have no proper college experience as I'm staying at home because UCC is on the doorstep. What a disaster.
    Don't be saying that now, you get free accomodation AND meals, which a lot of us wouldn't pass up :P You can still have a brilliant college experience, don't be like that now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭ciff

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Don't be saying that now, you get free accomodation AND meals, which a lot of us wouldn't pass up :P You can still have a brilliant college experience, don't be like that now.
    Ugh, would rather have a bit of craic than mammys meals.

Hopefully get a job and move out by the end of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Ugh, would rather have a bit of craic than mammys meals.

Hopefully get a job and move out by the end of the year.

It's not as if your half an hour a way and commuting in and out.. You'll still have all the nights out and events and stuff with out worrying about how you'll get home at 3am in the morning..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Platinum2010

I can't wait!

, making new friends and everything. Should be good. :)

pretty much says everything
    Got Offered a place on a FETAC course this morning :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

Patri wrote: »
    What part are ye looking forward to the most??

Not going in the mornings,:D

Na seriously though, The Housemates- can't wait to be thrown in with a load of random people my own age, what a recipe for disaster though to be honest 6, 18 year old's, one apartment, how will we ever survive. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 john1741

I can't wait!

And just the whole experience of moving away from home, moving on from secondary school, making new friends and everything. Should be good. :)

This sums it up for me, except Im doing something in computer science/engineering so I wont be getting away from maths

DaveMur1 wrote: »
    Not going in the mornings,:D

Na seriously though, The Housemates- can't wait to be thrown in with a load of random people my own age, what a recipe for disaster though to be honest 6, 18 year old's, one apartment, how will we ever survive. :rolleyes:
    It's certainly going to be an interesting experience... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

can't wait! i need to get my place first obviously don't want to tempt fate
    i'll just enjoy studying something that interests me rather than learning about maths
    and really looking forward to making new friends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Patri

The majority of people I know stay home for first year! You'll have savage craic! I wanna move out but I'll be savin up for a while first!! Maybe after a couple of months

Advertisement