Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Bike Week

Options
  • 17-06-2011 7:22pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As I'm sure few of you are aware, tomorrow is the start of national bike week and there's a few events organised.

Monday 20th, there's a beginners spin leaving from the castle at 19h00. This is with myself and aims to introduce people to group riding. The main bunch will do 40km and hopefully we'll have enough to have two groups so perhaps one will do a smaller trip.

Wednesday 22nd, there's a beginners maintenance class which again is with myself and aims to teach people the very basics of bike maintenance. This will be at 19h00 in St. Patricks Parish hall.

Wednesday 22nd is also National Cycle to School/ Work Day, when people are encouraged to cycle to work or school (as the name says) or you can cycle with your child to school and then to work.

There are other events which are to happen and I'll edit this post when I find out exactly what they are and when. For further info Bikeweek website is here and the Marble City Cyclers website is here.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Advertisement