Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crash - FYI

• 17-06-2011 7:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭

http://twitter.com/#!/aaroadwatch

LIMERICK N21 Limerick/Tralee Rd closed both ways between Patrickswell&Adare until further notice following serious crash.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Not good, hope nobody is hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

Someone killed in this. RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

RIP.

http://www.thejournal.ie/man-in-his-fifties-killed-in-limerick-crash-158413-Jun2011/?utm_source=shortlink

A MAN IN his fifties has been killed after being hit by a car on the Limerick to Adare Road.
    The incident occurred just after 6pm just outside Limerick City. The man, who was 53, was pronounced dead at the scene. The Irish Times reports that he was a French national who had pulled into the road to change a tyre. He was struck by a car travelling in the opposite direction.
    A man and a woman were taken from the scene to hospital but their injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

God thats horrific - RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Saw this last night it was a horrific scene, feel terrible for the poor mans wife.

Drove on through adare a little while latter and some dumb little boy racer **** who was behind me at the accident decided to overtake me going up a hill on a bend with a continuous white line.

Some people are just dopes. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭Tango Alpha 51

The amount of rubberneckers at that rta yesterday was brutal. Bad enough having to work that scene without people slowing down for a look. They nearly cause more accidents doing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭Tango Alpha 51

kilburn wrote: »
    Saw this last night it was a horrific scene, feel terrible for the poor mans wife.

Drove on through adare a little while latter and some dumb little boy racer **** who was behind me at the accident decided to overtake me going up a hill on a bend with a continuous white line.

Hope you got the little ****s number & reported him !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

cee_jay wrote: »

You'd wonder where the lad in the blue car went off to. Sounds like a horrific thing to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

Patrice was a good man, well liked, funny and intelligent, He will be missed.

R.I.P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Beer Baron wrote: »
    You'd wonder where the lad in the blue car went off to. Sounds like a horrific thing to happen.

Think he was gone before the impact, he must have left when they had the wheel changed.

Hope they find him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

buzzman wrote: »
    Hope you got the little ****s number & reported him !!

not to go off topic, but in my experience, you are wasting your time. I was caught behind some slow traffic on the croom bypass, and two cars of scumbags came out of croom, and passed at speed in the slow lane, must have passed about four or five cars, then got back into traffic, and passed out as you normally would, but nearly hit an oncoming truck, and forced the rest of the oncoming traffic to pull in.

I got both reg numbers, and makes etc, and followed them into patrickswell. I called the gardai in Limerick and told them the story, gave them the regs etc.
    They told me I would have to come in and make a statement, and go to court etc etc, and would have to prove it and s on.

I guess that's fair enough, as I could just be ringing up and giving the regs of the cars for the craic. But I said "look, it's probably a waste of your time, and my time to go further". Maybe they knew who the owners were from the regs and might go down and have a word with them.

But what can you do in that situation???

Sorry for going off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

Go in and give a statement and have them convicted before they cause more carnage on the roads. Gardai need people to follow through with cases otherwise they are powerless to deal with incidents like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

kilburn wrote: »

They certainly are, that spot of road in particular seems to attract lunatics for some reason. The amount of last second overtaking that goes on, anxious to get their place in the queue of backlogged traffic going into Adare :confused:

And worse still, people doing U turns a little bit back the motorway when they see the backlog building up ahead, with no regard for whats coming in either direction, had a near miss with one of these dopes once.

Awful to see someone lose their life there, RIP.

Advertisement