Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will the Mac be back?

Options
  • 17-06-2011 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭

Will he have to arm-wrestle his sister for the seat?:confused:
    Former North Kerry Fianna Fail Deputy to run in local elections

Former North Kerry TD Thomas McEllistrim will be running in the next local elections. The Fianna Fail lost his seat in this year's General Election. Mr McEllistrim is a member of Kerry's oldest political dynasties; both his grandfather and father served in the Dáil. It means Fianna Fail is without a representative in Kerry for the first time in the party's 85 year history. His sister Anne is a sitting Kerry County Councillor. Mr McEllistrim who famously said "The Mac will be back" when he lost his seat is sticking to his pledge.

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

do we need him;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

newman10 wrote: »
    do we need him;)

No, but he certainly needs us.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

If he does the voters of Kerry will deserve everything they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

His only hope is that the next local elections are decided after a game of musical chairs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

ejmaztec wrote: »
    His only hope is that the next local elections are decided after a game of musical chairs.
    But he would be too busy fighting the ground war to be listening to music:)

I will be really p***ed off if/when he gets elected. I made representations to him 3 years ago on behalf of a number of his constituents about proposed government policy changes. After numerous phone calls and attending clinics with some of those constituents(some FF voters, some not) we spent some 6 months trying to speak to him to no avail. In that time i talked to both other TDs in the constituency and indeed, some government TDs in neighbouring constituencys. All made time to listen either in clinics or by phone, even where they could not get a vote from us.

Whereas Mr. Mcellistrim couldnt find time to make a call to us at his convenience.

I reported same back to our organisations AGM and left people make up their own minds as to what their response should be.

The only person i talked to was his mother and ,while she is a charming and patient woman, she is not an elected representative in this constituency.

If this is regarded by some as parish pump politics, i consider it as keeping TDs connected to those they represent. As such, we have spoken and found his work lacking. I dont think much will change with a catchy slogan when the basics of a courtsey call to any of those wishing to speak to him was ignored.

So.... no we can do without his 'work'

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

6e785707.jpg
    This is representational of everything I think....

6e785707.jpg
    This is representational of everything I think....

Yes, he should stick to stunt-driving, because he's not cut out for politics.

They're obviously still thinking about the political void that he left up in the big city.

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/
    Former Kerry TD forced to return expenses to Dail

A former Kerry TD has been forced to repay expenses because he failed to attend Dail Eireann for the required 100 days last year. Tom MacEllistrim repaid €600, according to the Sunday Times. In total six TDs and one senator returned a total of €20,000 in prepaid expenses which they did not earn.

Advertisement