Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I will award anyone who can fix this my deepest gratitude

• 17-06-2011 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hey guys, I am seriously desperate for help.

I recentley bought an Iomega desktop hardrive 1TB. I have only used it about three times and have 10,000 photos and 600 videos on it. Today when i went to turn it on. It wasnt working! The lights come on for it, but it doesnt make any noise, which it did before. It is not appearing in the my computer section and is not being picked up on my computer at all.

Please help, This has photos from my last 3 years in school and everything throught the past 4 years I have done :(

Much love guys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Remove the drive from the case and stick it in a caddy.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭GregoryNimmo

Remove the drive from the case and stick it in a caddy.

Do you have any idea how to open the case... There is no screws? And thank you for the reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

What model Iomega do you have?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

What model Iomega do you have?

The Select Desktop Hardrive, 1TB. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭eurokev

two usb connections at one end??

Plug in the other one. This had me caught for about a half hour before:eek:

Anyone know why there is two connections??

• Advertisement

eurokev wrote: »
    two usb connections at one end??

Plug in the other one. This had me caught for about a half hour before:eek:

Anyone know why there is two connections??

Uhhh? What? There is only one usb at the end. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭Spook80

long shot but could have something to do with usb, either on the drive or the cable.
    I sold one once and it was sent back describing the same thing but they had not sent back the usb cable. I had promised id try rescue all their photos and only send it off for repair as a last resort.

I set it all up using the cable from my printer (same type) and all was fine.
    I think it was were the usb plugs in might have been loose.
    Hope ya get it sorted.

just to clarify, try holding it in tight with your hand and moving it around slightly and see if it appears on computer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭mlumley

Dont go to Iomega for help. I have another Iomega drive, packed up within warenty, they told me 175 yoyos to get my photos back. Sent me a reconditioned drive and that has lost loads of photos. They are f**king crap, IMO.

My friends dad has the same hardrive and used his cables and it still didnt work :(

are ya sure theres no screws anywhere on it?
    there must be a way of opening it, maybe under some heat pads or a label.

• Advertisement

DaveM80 wrote: »
    are ya sure theres no screws anywhere on it?
    there must be a way of opening it, maybe under some heat pads or a label.

Yeah there is deinftley none... wierd right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Yeah there is deinftley none... wierd right?

Try youtube

Yeah, it is. Its so wierd like, there is no noise coming from it at all. And usually it sounds like an Xbox or playstation when turned on, you know like the motors going. But its completley silent now :(

yeah thats the exact same 1 have and with the same problem i had but i dont understand how theres no screws on yours. I can even see them in the video when he turns it over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Looks like time for the hammer and chisel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys! Thanks for your help, my friends dad just switched my hardrive with his and hes copying the files onto another hardrive, thanks for all your help. It is really appreicated :)

Advertisement