Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failed one of my subjects in fourth year finals

• 17-06-2011 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Okay I did miserable in Molecular Genetics and am wondering what can be done overall from the last four years including this years results is 52.25. Im wondering if I do do it in August or repeat the subject next year does that still I get an Honours Degree or do I lose it completly? Im worried as I really need this
    and its the only subject ive ever failed in college and im wondering if i have enough credits to get the 2:2 or is it gone forever?I looked at my results and it said exemptions granted
    How do I repeat my exams in august,what formalities do I have to go through.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭honkytonk52

first off contact the IT and they will let you know when repeats are on... in regards getting you 2.2, i was always under the impression that if you had to repeat an exam in you final year you only obtain a pass degree regardless of what mark you obtain in the repeat even if its 90%...maybe im wrong, but i think that is the case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Hi oreolvrs, yea if you have to repeat an exam in your final year you only receive a pass grade on your Honours Degree and won't obtain a 2.2.

How badly did the exam go? Could you not get it rechecked?

Advertisement