Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building Engineer

• 17-06-2011 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Just about to start an extension to the back of a 3 bed house which my brother, who is a builder (homebond registered) is doing for me. It's 40sqM. I have planning permission and am re-mortgaging to partially pay for it. The bank will need certification.
    Rang an engineer today who said he would only certify and provide an indemnity cert if he knew the builder. I'm in Dublin and my brother is down the country.
    Can anyone recommend an engineer and how much can I expect to pay.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Any recommendations by PM only please.

Around my area the costs for mortgage certification are about €200 per stage drawdown and about €500 for final certification, it will be easy enough to get someone. The bank probably have their own panel to choose from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Rec by PM sent

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

Hi, dont mean to hijack this tread, but dont want to duplicate either..

Can anyone recommend a good survey engineer. I'm buying a house in Rolestown, Co. Dublin which has been extensively extended, also septic tank installed recently, sheds/outhouses built.

So I need a very thorough surveyor to make sure nothing is missed.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,787 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Can anyone recommend a good survey engineer. I'm buying a house in Rolestown, Co. Dublin which has been extensively extended, also septic tank installed recently, sheds/outhouses built.

Thanks in advance.

just make sure that when you ask for quotes that you request a full planning and building regulation survey... and not just a basic pre-purchase survey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

Thanks in advance.

PM Sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

focus_mad wrote: »
    PM Sent
    thanks, but got sorted already offline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

thanks, but got sorted already offline.

No worries :D

Advertisement