Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSD = wow

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Perfect, I cant really remember the exact model of my motherboard so when I get home I'll have a litlte look see and make a forum post.

I know the first two sets of RAM slots were ovrclocked and I havnt done anything with my second set.

Oddly enough last two nights have been fine, I've kinda narrowed it down to BSOD only happening when I run movies/TV shows on the pc

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

the exact make & model of your motherboard will be printed on it and the memory will have a sticker with either the model or at least a serial number so you can look it up online.

i'm assuming you bought new ram exactly the same to match your old ram? if not then you're very likely going to have issues (particularly with an overclocked system) that you probably won't be able to fix without UNDERclocking your existing RAM if you're lucky, and if you're really unlucky, without replacing it altogether with matching RAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

vibe666 wrote: »
    the exact make & model of your motherboard will be printed on it and the memory will have a sticker with either the model or at least a serial number so you can look it up online.

i'm assuming you bought new ram exactly the same to match your old ram? if not then you're very likely going to have issues (particularly with an overclocked system) that you probably won't be able to fix without UNDERclocking your existing RAM if you're lucky, and if you're really unlucky, without replacing it altogether with matching RAM.

Yeah I bought two more sticks of the exact same RAM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

TheDoc wrote: »
    Yeah I bought two more sticks of the exact same RAM :)
    well that's a good start. :)

chances are, the overclockers page where you bought your RAM will tell you the correct timings, so it should just be a case of finding the setting in your bios and correcting it if it's wrong.

might be a good idea to start another thread though, we're going a bit off topic here.

to get us back on topic a bit, one of my 60gb OCZ Agility 3's appears to have died. :(

going to do some troubleshooting shortly, but my RMA replacement for my (allegedly) fancy OCZ Platinum RAM looks like it's also dodgy too. OCZ should change their name to DOA. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Open up CPU Z (links on the right hand side) and have a look at how fast your RAM is running.

The SPD tab will let you see what RAM is in each slot.
    The memory tab will tell you what frequency it is running at and the timings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

TheDoc wrote: »
    Perfect, I cant really remember the exact model of my motherboard so when I get home I'll have a litlte look see and make a forum post.

I know the first two sets of RAM slots were ovrclocked and I havnt done anything with my second set.

Oddly enough last two nights have been fine, I've kinda narrowed it down to BSOD only happening when I run movies/TV shows on the pc
    Bluescreenview

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

vibe666 wrote: »
    well that's a good start. :)

chances are, the overclockers page where you bought your RAM will tell you the correct timings, so it should just be a case of finding the setting in your bios and correcting it if it's wrong.

might be a good idea to start another thread though, we're going a bit off topic here.

to get us back on topic a bit, one of my 60gb OCZ Agility 3's appears to have died. :(

going to do some troubleshooting shortly, but my RMA replacement for my (allegedly) fancy OCZ Platinum RAM looks like it's also dodgy too. OCZ should change their name to DOA. :(
    Out of 4 builds over the space of 5 years i used OCZ on three and i have had to replace it in three, replaced it with gskill and not a peep out of it. i will never buy a OCZ product again, i went with intel for the ssd , extra price i know, but installation was hitch free and im now 2 weeks flawless so far, im gone very pro intel for high end components such as mobos and ssds etc and they havent let me down yet.

Advertisement