Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing doctor

Options
  • 17-06-2011 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi does any one know if u can change it gp during combined care. I'm 21 weeks and my gp is a real hassle to get and I want to change to a different one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Yes, you can change. I'm moving house mid-pregnancy and will not only be changing GP, I'll be changing hospital too. Just make sure you find a new GP you are happy with before you dump the current one, you don't want to be without care for too long and some GPs are too booked out to take on new patients. I'm looking for a clinic/shared practice rather than an individual GP - I don't really mind seeing different doctors as long as I can actually get to see one when I need one.

When you ring around to surgeries just tell them that you're pregnant. If they're happy to take you on they'll tell you what needs to be done to have your file switched over.

Advertisement