Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tory island bw c&c

• 17-06-2011 9:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

tory_2.jpg

hhave never done any bw landscape so i thought id give it a go, i thought it didnt turn out too bad what ya reckon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭paulusdu

I recon you should do more of it, really good shot and processing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Reminds my of Guinness. :)

Nice shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

love this one - beautiful contrast in it & great drama in the sky. Only thing i'd be a bit iffy about is it looks like you've overly sharpened / a tad softer would be better imho. One other slight niggle would be a bit more of the land mass on left hand side of the image.

Good work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,176 ✭✭✭seanin4711

can you give me a quick "how I did it" run through plz?
    processing i mean!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

I think it looks gorgeous, very striking and has a sense of purpose about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

Very nice, quite dramatic. A tad over processed looking and sharpened for my tastes.. but a good image, keep at the landscape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭puddles22

seanin4711 wrote: »
    can you give me a quick "how I did it" run through plz?
    processing i mean!

very simple opened in photoshop and used nik silver efex, just selected one of the preprogrammed settings that i like the effect of best, simple as that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Very over-processed and unrealistic looking, particularly the clouds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Bear in mind this is just an opinion based on personal taste.

I think its a little OTT in photoshop. Its a very nice photo and sometimes less is more - that applies to a lot of things in life.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i'm in the 'overprocessed' camp. it doesn't look realistic at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Is it a HDR converted to B&W?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Looks like some sort of fantasy setting - I like the effect.

The horizon is slightly off, to my eye, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

It does jump off the page. First thing that came to my mind too was this is a black and white HDR. I would love to see the original.
    Beautiful view though. Where was it taken?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

puddles22 wrote: »
    very simple opened in photoshop and used nik silver efex, just selected one of the preprogrammed settings that i like the effect of best, simple as that

I love it.

where is that effect loacated. is it an add on come as standard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

I've got a basic camera (Canon IXUS85 IS) and downloaded this Nik silver software out of curiosity, attached are the results after applying it to two of my photos

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭shemwhistler

@wellbutty

Love that first effect.

I don't know if it's in the forum rules for those effects to be linked to, so is it just a case of using The Google?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Dont like the sky at all but I love the landscape including the sea and rocks. Great composition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭crazydaize

The horizon does seem slightly off and the sky in top right is quite dark. But overall I love it and the effect you used.

Advertisement