Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you repeat just one subject?

• 17-06-2011 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

What are the rules for repeating? I'm taking a gap year so if I got say a C in French, could I take the exam again in 2012 if I wanted a better score and use it in my current points? Some of last years leaving certs were back this year and they said they were just repeating geography but I don't know if that's true because I didn't think you could do that...?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lydsom

you can repeat one subject but not add it to your points.. just use it if you needed a grade for a course requirement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

You can repeat a subject but it won't count as points. You either have to use 2011's points or repeat everything and use 2012's points. You're not allowed lump two years points together.
    Now if you got the points you needed but you missed out on a requirement (say you needed a B in French but got a C) then you could repeat to get the B which will be counted as a course requirement but not for points.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Kelix

what about for uk colleges could you combine grades with past ones? Since they look for example 5 B's to get a course rather than points?

Advertisement