Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broody?

Options
  • 17-06-2011 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭

Ok, so these past few weeks I can't stop thinking about being pregnant and having another baby. My wee man is just gone 12 months and the long term plan was to have another baby next Autumn and there'd be a 2 1/2 year age gap, but lately I can't stop thinking about having another. We have lots of weddings to go to in the next year, including my sibling's, and I'd love to get away on a holiday and I know that more childcare is going to be an expense, but the broodiness is almost physical.

I suppose I don't want anyone to talk me into or out of it, I'm just wondering if this 'urge' is normal. I'm a very rational, logical person and his nibs was very planned, so this is completely unlike me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Ronan Keating

As the Irish poet Deirdre Brennan said in her poem "An tOileán", maybe you just want your glands moistened.

How do you know you want a baby?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

God Dee, I was the same! Once my lad turned a year old it kicked in and got more and more intense each month. We also planned to have our second for when the first would be turning 2. We held off a bit but decided to go for it 3 months before the 'timetable', turned out it took us 6 months to actually get there. They were a horrible 6 months, I got quite stressed about it as we fell pregnant very easily first time round. I think if you are both ready for it physically and emotionally then the time is right. Weddings and other events really do become a bit insignificant when you're thinking about making another human. Do what fits your life best in terms of your relationship and your finances, but don't let things that really aren't that important make your decision for you. I'm due in November and will be missing a best friend's wedding abroad in October and a family get-together in the UK in December. I'm a bit disappointed but the baby's going to more than make up for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Thank you SO much Cat, am actually wondering if I'm going a bit mad here. I've never felt so much at the mercy of my hormones!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I totally understand.

My baby isn't even 5 months yet,my big girl is nearly 2 1/2 and I want the next one.

Once they sleep throgh the night I am convinced it is time for the next,biological clock also ticking a bit.
    I put it down to the fact we are obviously insane;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I totallly understand - we both agreed that our daugher would be our last (she is 17 days old and we have a son over 14 months old) but she has been such a perfect baby that I am wishing for another baby. In my case I know that we have to stop as the pregnancies have been very high risk but the urge is still there - I just look at her and I melt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Oh yes, that urge is totally normal!

Even when you know that you do not want any more, or that now is not the right time, that feeling can still be there.

Sometimes it can be quite intense really, sometimes it can even take over logical thought!

Advertisement