Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming nights

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

could I suggest a third page with boards username V xbox username in case someone wants to pm someone here to set up a particular game they have?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

could I suggest a third page with boards username V xbox username in case someone wants to pm someone here to set up a particular game they have?
    I've gone ahead and added it for you.
    I know some people have the same GT and boards ID, but could still be useful for those that don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Good work Korvanica

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Good work Korvanica

Cheers cable... so I was thinkin since specific nights can't be done since people are online sporadically .. this list can be used to find people and setup games etc ...

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭boiledeggs

Korvanica wrote: »
    this list can be used to find people and setup games etc ...

I was thinking lads if there is a couple of us available during the week to have a game or two of gears 1 + 2 since these seem to be the most popular games.

I am available for all nights this week up until friday, if people are interested we can host a game

• Advertisement

I am after putting up some more games that I have, maybe not the best games but still have multi.

boiledeggs wrote: »
    I was thinking lads if there is a couple of us available during the week to have a game or two of gears 1 + 2 since these seem to be the most popular games.

I am available for all nights this week up until friday, if people are interested we can host a game

Good Idea, I may be around Thursday but I cannot be sure...

Hmm Maybe an extra page for organizing nights for gaming.

Example:
    • Column 1: Organiser Name/GT
    • Column 2: Day/Time
    • Column 3: Game/Games
    • Column 4 to Column X: People add their gamertags if they are interested in Joining.

This would allow for multiple events to be organised at once, and a quick list of players for each session would be available. People can check this whenever they like and add their gamertag if they wanna play. Leaving us with a handy list of gamertags to add etc.

I put an example up on the Document.

Probably the Best thing to do is update this thread whenever you add a new Session...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 whaleboyh27

Seeing as enough people have gotten into the thread I'd like to propose a GoW night for Thursday. At least 8 people would be good to have and at the very least 6....we can organize it into groups closer to the day of who will be playing who.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Just a thought, should we add a row in the gaming sessions tab for mode?
    Ie in gears 2 you have horde mode, standard multiplayer, & co-op story.

So if you just want to play horde mode you could add that in the row, otherwise leave it blank and discuss it in party.

kiddums wrote: »
    Just a thought, should we add a row in the gaming sessions tab for mode?
    Ie in gears 2 you have horde mode, standard multiplayer, & co-op story.

So if you just want to play horde mode you could add that in the row, otherwise leave it blank and discuss it in party.

Great Idea, Fire it in.

• Advertisement

having not played gow multiplayer before, it should be interesting tomorrow

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Think I'll miss out on the gears of war tomorrow,internet acting up

steoo I tried adding you as a friend ahead of this evening but your friends list is full so are any of the others playing tonight already on your list?

oh and if anyone wants to play some gears of war this evening let us know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Pants, I wish I read this tread earlier.

ah don't worry only 2 of us ended up being on line and after a few "bad" games of GOW2 we switched to play portal 2 and although we were equally as bad on that it was funny as hell :D

ah don't worry only 2 of us ended up being on line and after a few "bad" games of GOW2 we switched to play portal 2 and although we were equally as bad on that it was funny as hell :D

Yep, we had a fun night. I think we can make it work if we get a couple more lads commited to turning up

Sorry Lads.... Got held up last night getting home and my housemate was messing with a new router he bought when i finally got home so i couldn't go online :( ... On the bright side we now have an N wireless network and soon will be getting 100Mb fiber broadband.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

bad company 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the only game worth its salt....

ill say no more:cool:

bad company 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the only game worth its salt....

ill say no more:cool:

Where were ya last year when we were all shouting that ? :D :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

RDR looks popular among boardies...anyone up for a gaming night of horsey horsey?

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Been following the thread and it's a great idea lads.

Will update the google doc with my details when I get home.

Would anybody be interested in playing Borderlands at some stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Jayd0g wrote: »
    Been following the thread and it's a great idea lads.

Will update the google doc with my details when I get home.

Would anybody be interested in playing Borderlands at some stage?

Yeah, maybe next week I would be up for a few hours of it.

bastados wrote: »
    RDR looks popular among boardies...anyone up for a gaming night of horsey horsey?

Just set up the day and time on the google doc.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

boiledeggs wrote: »
    Just set up the day and time on the google doc.

Just sounding it out first.

Just sounding it out first.

I will be throwing my name down and so will a few others I guess if I am not working at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

sure

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

May or my not be online for it,ill know closer to the day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just picked up borderlands again there to finish it off, now realise I don't have my old save so I'll starting from scratch if anyone fancies it.

Won't organise an official session but people can feel free to jump in and out if they see my on playing it.

GT: Calex dEUS

Advertisement