Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you like it to happen?

• 17-06-2011 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

I mean the Z-day..? I'm actually feeling a bit weird, because one day I realised that deep in my mind I would actually welcome the Z-Day. End of the world we know. I'm not sure why... maybe because I could test myself in some way? Or because I am bored? Would you like it to happen? If so - why?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr.Success

Maybe your watching a bit too much TV there, but i can sort of understand you. The fact that you could build your own little area and barrier it off. You would also have endless access to weapons and supplies/equipment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭wolf moon

I actually don't watch TV at all :) Maybe too much into survival and adrenaline I'd say.. Bored with the "office" lifestyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

I wouldn't welcome it as such but Id have a certain satisfaction in surviving and testing my body and mind to the limit. Maybe its an animal instinct deep down that has been suppressed by civilization?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

i'll be fairly god dam pissed if it doesn't :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,080 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Are we there yet?Are we there yet?Are we there yet?:P

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Unfortunately the way capitalism is going at the moment you could soon have your wish. Only it will not be zombies as we know it but a breakdown of society and of crazed hungry, depressed population.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

krissovo wrote: »
    Unfortunately the way capitalism is going at the moment you could soon have your wish. Only it will not be zombies as we know it but a breakdown of society and of crazed hungry, depressed population.

So, basically, it'll be more 28 Days Later than it would be Night of the Living Dead? :D

To answer the OP...I don't know if I'd call it looking forward to it, but knowing it'll happen someday does excite me. Why? Maybe being able to put to use everything I've learned...maybe the fighting aspect...or maybe I'm just odd that way. :p

krissovo wrote: »
    Unfortunately the way capitalism is going at the moment you could soon have your wish.
    Reminds me of "The Road"... Scary and possible.
    Has anyone planned what to do in THAT case?

wolf moon wrote: »
    Reminds me of "The Road"... Scary and possible.
    Has anyone planned what to do in THAT case?

I think the same type of plan for Z Day could apply for that. Only you're protecting yourself from other survivors, not zombies.

I think the same type of plan for Z Day could apply for that. Only you're protecting yourself from other survivors, not zombies.
    The difference is, that people are intelligent. Hungry, poor - but still intelligent, able to use weapons, traps. It would also be very difficult to distinguish between the good and the bad ones. That would be causing a lot of new trouble, comparing to zombies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

I think the zombie Apocalypse has already started you see a fair few out driving or holding people up at the bank we should all arm ourselves and take them out before its too late !!

wolf moon wrote: »
    The difference is, that people are intelligent. Hungry, poor - but still intelligent, able to use weapons, traps. It would also be very difficult to distinguish between the good and the bad ones. That would be causing a lot of new trouble, comparing to zombies.

Yes, but that also applies to the ZA - there are going to be other survivors, people you don't know, people you shouldn't trust without that trust being earned. For me, regardless to why the world would be going to hell in a hand basket, the same overall rules/plans would still apply, though you might need to tweak them here and there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭.SONIC.

is there anyone in this forum that doesnt want it to happen? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭whiteley91

well not for another little while anyway! im waiting to get my new gun so anytime after that would be nice? ha :)

Yeah, a few months at least :) I need to test my new camping gear, get more fit, get more canned food....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

I certainly dont want it to happen, having experienced Bosnia, Rwanda and Kosovo first hand I have seen how difficult it is to live when society breaks down and how difficult it is to get some element of normality back again.

I feel I am about 75% ready for surviving at least 12 months of most incident types, I have a mobility and hold firm plan and real survival experience so bring it on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Ah jaysus no, not wanting it to happen at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭NicoleL88

I would genuinely be seriously pissed if I didn't witness Z-Day during my days on this earth. Preferably within in the next 10-15 years. Don't wanna be too old/immobile. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭OutsiderAkuma

As much as I daydream that I would love it, and annoy my beautiful lady with waffling on about ideas and last stand scenarios, I know for a fact, I don't want it to happen. I think most of us, have great ideas, great tactics ready to come into play, a lifetime of defense proposals, a thousand everyday weapons we could use, understanding of the zombie itself, safe houses already though through, locations already mapped out.... I think you get my point lol
    We would be screwed over, man would wipe itself out nearly, the zed's would clean the rest.

Any army that can march without food, water and morale is never an issue, us an army I don't want to be against. It's mental warfare that we are bound to lose. The constant wailing, the always on guards. The fact all it takes is one person to snap within the safe house...even the most battle hardened soldier would not be truly prepared for an actual world war Z.
    So no a million times over.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭blockedPaT

Id like for it to happen some time, but not sure how long i would really last

• Advertisement

blockedPaT wrote: »
    Id like for it to happen some time, but not sure how long i would really last
    None of us can be really sure... More than likely we'd be all gone within a couple of days, a week maybe. Fantasy is fantasy, but fight with cold, rotting, smelly corpses that walk.. I can only imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Hmmm... I don't know why ye all want it to happen... Since the vast majority of people are going to be zombies, the chances of you being one of the survivors is really remote... In fact chances are you'd be turned into a zombie before you even knew it was happening...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

As long as I had weapons, food, a safe-house (preferably huge) and a few close friends with me, I think I'd thoroughly enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ZedHeadEd

The idea of the zombie outbreak happening = :rolleyes:

If it actually happened = :eek:

nah i think the worst thing i would fear if the outbreak actually did happen would be the likely chance of losing the people i love (family, friends and such) and being left alone in a ruin of a country with their memories to haunt me....

On the other hand i couldnt pass the chance to vent some anger on some zombies :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

For the people who say they would like it to happen I could guarentee you would retract those statements 5 minutes into the zombie outbreak. What you see on tv/read in books is nothing like the real thing. My generation was brought up on war games/movies and are obsessed with the thought of it...but truth is the only people who know anything about war are those who have experienced it, and most of them never want to go back to it, or are sorry they ever experienced it in the 1st place.

Maybe some day in the distant future they will create life like simulations/MMO's on these sort of scenarios to see how long we would last and experience the fright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Linkus

Seeing most of the people in your life dying in horrible agony as flesh eating zombies rip apart their bodies.

Not exactly what I'd like.

Nor would the idea of being one of those zombies and your girlfriend/boyfriend/lovedone last experience being you killing them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Yes, Yes I would.

Because, It'd be something interesting to do :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,080 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Gandalph wrote: »
    For the people who say they would like it to happen I could guarentee you would retract those statements 5 minutes into the zombie outbreak. What you see on tv/read in books is nothing like the real thing. My generation was brought up on war games/movies and are obsessed with the thought of it...but truth is the only people who know anything about war are those who have experienced it, and most of them never want to go back to it, or are sorry they ever experienced it in the 1st place.

Very true..BUT OTOH for those of a generation behind you.;) Who have had alot of training and experiance and paid for it in blood sweat and tears.Who dont really fit into this politically correct happy clappy world at the moment .It would be a godsend to be able to go back and correct a few hideous mistakes of humanity,and useit so the next generation in a proper New World Order,could start looking at reaching out to the stars:cool:
    We are overpouplating the planet,and are too many for finite resourcses of the planet.So eventually Nature itself thins out the herds,be it by diseases or food chain.
    Man,does it well enough himself,by his own stupidity or wars..So a Z plauge would be a good way of sorting out over pouplation and getting back to nature that only the strong survive and breed.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Linkus

I wouldn't worry about nature re-asserting control. All animals go through the pattern of booming and bust, in terms of population.
    The only difference is that we are spread throughout the globe and have yet to hit that highest point of our population.
    When the population rises past our food production, things should start to fall down again.
    Then back up again, so on and so forth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

Honestly? No - I hope to hell it doesn't happen and I think ye'd all end up with the same idea after a couple months or less.

Sure - some will do fine. But the vast, VAST majority, no matter how tough and/or well prepared you THINK you are - will simply not make it. The end.

So if yer simply lookin' for the end of everything, you'll be in fine shape. However if you can't wait to barricade your safehouse, fire up the chainsaw/flamethrower/auto-shotgun/machete/katana/etc, eat your MRE's, filter your water and live the survivalist life - well I think you'll be sadly disappointed in how things will REALLY be.

I loves me some zombies, don't get me wrong. But what could/would actually happen would be far, far worse than what anyone could imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

No i dread the day if it ever come's, it would be no life for my child and i would hate to see him unhappy and growing up in a world of violence and death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

this thread was zombiefied two and a half years ago.
    locking.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement