Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network engineer salary

Options
  • 17-06-2011 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

HI Folks -
    Question for all of you Cisco network engineers out there - I am currently working as a junior network engineer for a large mulitnational in Dublin. When I started the job I was hired on the basis that I had little experience and would learn it, kinda a graduate position as such...I was a new CCNA but I had no hands on experience...

Now I have been there for 2 years and have learned a lot while there. My work involves building out of new sites (relocating/adding new switches, router etc) and basically getting a new/existing office up and running. Adding or replacing existing network equipment with newer devices. I would not say it is highly complex networking if you know what I mean...

I also have a lot of experience with Cisco IPT and the call manager. I have run with projects where I would install IP phones in a new office and configure everything from start to finish (call manager, PRI line, switches, router, dial plans etc).

My question is simple...the money I am earning today is the same as what it was 2 years ago which to be honest I find pretty poor. I would like to know what kind of salary you think I would be worth..feel free to throw more questions at me...

Thkx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭offalyguy25

hey man, i am currently doing a CNA degree and i have 2 yrs completed, its a 3 yr degree course, and they are going to add a 4th yr, but i was wondering if i could pick up some job with just the 3 yrs completed? as im a mature student and id like to be earning and getting on with life,
    i am also worried as to what to do when i finish college, where to turn first to get a job etc,
    any help would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Dissenter

hey man, i am currently doing a CNA degree and i have 2 yrs completed, its a 3 yr degree course, and they are going to add a 4th yr, but i was wondering if i could pick up some job with just the 3 yrs completed? as im a mature student and id like to be earning and getting on with life,
    i am also worried as to what to do when i finish college, where to turn first to get a job etc,
    any help would be great

What's a CNA degree?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭nellocono

Where are you looking to find work, Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

saggiralph wrote: »
    HI Folks -
    Question for all of you Cisco network engineers out there - I am currently working as a junior network engineer for a large mulitnational in Dublin. When I started the job I was hired on the basis that I had little experience and would learn it, kinda a graduate position as such...I was a new CCNA but I had no hands on experience...

Now I have been there for 2 years and have learned a lot while there. My work involves building out of new sites (relocating/adding new switches, router etc) and basically getting a new/existing office up and running. Adding or replacing existing network equipment with newer devices. I would not say it is highly complex networking if you know what I mean...

I also have a lot of experience with Cisco IPT and the call manager. I have run with projects where I would install IP phones in a new office and configure everything from start to finish (call manager, PRI line, switches, router, dial plans etc).

My question is simple...the money I am earning today is the same as what it was 2 years ago which to be honest I find pretty poor. I would like to know what kind of salary you think I would be worth..feel free to throw more questions at me...

Thkx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Classic answer - it depends!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

saggiralph wrote: »

Thkx
    How much did you start on? There are salary guides out there from the major recruitment agents but they only give ballpark figures really. It really depends on how much you are worth to the company as to how much you can pressure them for an increase.

Advertisement