Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam download speeds

Options
  • 17-06-2011 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

Anyone else find they are all over the place?

I know it's a Friday night but I was getting 1.6MBs a few minutes ago and now it's down to 50KBs.

It's not like I'm downloading Dungeon Siege 3 (which i presume a lot of other people are).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭killerhitman

mine have been pretty consistant at about 500-700 KBs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i always max out on it

but then again i only buy sale items so it's not like im getting the high demand stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭lemon_remon

Steam always maxes my connection out. Maybe you should try changing your download location or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I was getting cack speeds until I changed my location over to UK or Holland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

quarryman wrote: »
    Anyone else find they are all over the place?

I know it's a Friday night but I was getting 1.6MBs a few minutes ago and now it's down to 50KBs.

It's not like I'm downloading Dungeon Siege 3 (which i presume a lot of other people are).
    this hapens the odd time to me. Mostly when there are sales going on or there is a fairly big game launch. Here's how you get around it!

Go into Steam, click on settings and then 'Downloads and...' in the bar at the top of the window that opens. Change your country to something in the east of Europe. Mine is currently set to Ukraine. Seldom drops more than 25% below my dl limit.
    Here, even though I HATE trollface and everything containing it, this sums it up pretty well. 'Thanks' to cian1500ww for this.

G9Aph.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

well this turned out to be my wireless connection. quick router restart and suckin diesel again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I love that pic :D:D:D:D

Advertisement