Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dears - Gang of Losers

Options
  • 17-06-2011 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

As I am nearly finished my leaving cert (yay!) I have alot of free time on my hands so I'll be listening to an album a day.

Anyway I kicked off by listening to The Dears "Gang of Losers" Album. It was my first time listening to a Dears album (but this was their third studio album) so it was with intrigue and the hope of discovering something fresh that led me to listening to this album.

Now to keep this short, I'll tell you straight away that I found the album dull. It definitley is not one of those albums that you simply "must hear before you die". I liked three songs: "There goes my outfit" , "Whites only Party" and "Ballad of humankindness". Three songs from a 12 track album is somewhat of a poor return.

Perhaps this album was just a slip up in form for the Dears, I don't know. However I am not inclined to go rushing off and give them another listen for a while yet!

I'd give it a 3/5 rating.

On to better and brighter things(Hopefully) with the next album I'm going to listen to being "Rise Ye Sunken Ships" by We are Augustines.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

They're Blur clones and that's not a recommendation!

Advertisement