Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SFP Problem

• 18-06-2011 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Not going to go into detail, but basically because of a misunderstanding my SFP application was only submitted today. So basically I am classified as late and currently face the prospect of 100% penalty. As anyone heard of similiar situations and will I have to go through an appeals process? Ultimately what do people on here think the outcome may be? I am seriously worried as I think it impinges upon Area Aid, AEOS and Organic payments as well. Any advice very much welcome, I guess what I am lokking for is to hear the outcome of similar situations before and how they played out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

you need to appeal it i assume , ring the sfp office on monday and state your case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭rancher

patjack wrote: »
    Not going to go into detail, but basically because of a misunderstanding my SFP application was only submitted today. So basically I am classified as late and currently face the prospect of 100% penalty. As anyone heard of similiar situations and will I have to go through an appeals process? Ultimately what do people on here think the outcome may be? I am seriously worried as I think it impinges upon Area Aid, AEOS and Organic payments as well. Any advice very much welcome, I guess what I am lokking for is to hear the outcome of similar situations before and how they played out?
    Contact local IFA office also... they're usually helpful with SFP problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭wiggy123

ring either as said before and plead ur case!!
    have ya a good excuse+ proof to back it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

The OP isn't clear as to where the "misunderstanding" arose, if the Dept aren't involved in the problem then I'm not sure how an appeal to them can work. If the misunderstanding was with a consultant/teagasc then possibly you could have a case against them,their professional indemnity insurance should cover it but you'd have to prove they were at fault.

Deffo involve the IFA, with so much at risk you need someone strong at your side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

First thing I would do is to meet with the person who made the mistake. I assume that's your planner. Get all relevant details from him/her. Then go to IFA and see what they can or will do for you. I would appeal the decision and stick to your guns. I've been through the appeals process with a €7k REPS fine I was handed down due to the digitization of my commonage land. The section I was dealing with were very unfair, but the appeal officer was quite fair. Despite having to lose a small amount of money (which I still contest, but there you go) the vast majority of it was overturned being recognized as not of my doing.

Have all your ducks in a line, all documentation ready and have spoken to all the people you need to before entering into it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement