Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Blanks - ie. Teds' Acapella group in Scrubs are in Dublin. Videos here.

• 18-06-2011 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hey guys.

Remember Ted the sweaty lawyer in scrubs ? Do you remember his group of friends in the show who would occasionally do an acapella number? most well known would probably be the "somewhere over the rainbow" ending to an episode. Anyway they ARE a real band and have just started a tour in Europe.

Just thought i would share with you some videos i got in Tower Records of The Blanks playing! :) They are awesome, and dead sound.
    They played Friday the 17th of June at 1:00pm in Tower Records, Wicklow street, Dublin.

Anyway here are the videos.

Best rock songs of... Rock (in their words) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezxy0gp0UAw

Katy Perry, Cee Lo Green, Ducksauce etc mix - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiBQ_bWdMqU

Hey Ya Cover - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o-gb7nECOc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

how did i miss this. I am a fan of their page on fb i feel sad i never saw the announcement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭andyterryjay

f0ggy92 wrote: »
    how did i miss this. I am a fan of their page on fb i feel sad i never saw the announcement

yeah i only found out the night before. a friend told me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

They've played in Dublin before, In DCU I think.

Truley wrote: »
    They've played in Dublin before, In DCU I think.

I thought that they played the Helix again the last time they were here. maybe they didnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

I thought that they played the Helix again the last time they were here. maybe they didnt.

*facepalm....DCU=Helix;)

• Advertisement

donvito99 wrote: »
    *facepalm....DCU=Helix;)

Facepalm indeed... thank you for that ! haha

Thats where they played this time again anyway. haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Kind of like a party trick your dad would pull out with his mates from when they thought they were cool in "band" in the 70's.

Kind of entertaining at first, sort of gets a little annoying towards the end, but couldn't see these guys selling any records, all though they would be decent to go see I guess, but they seemed a lot more barber shop / better from their snippets in scrubs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

I started a thread on this in gigs & events a few weeks ago, pity some of you guys didn't notice it. The show was fantastic, all four of them were hilarious and note perfect!

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Kind of like a party trick your dad would pull out with his mates from when they thought they were cool in "band" in the 70's.

Kind of entertaining at first, sort of gets a little annoying towards the end, but couldn't see these guys selling any records, all though they would be decent to go see I guess, but they seemed a lot more barber shop / better from their snippets in scrubs...

I am pretty sure they do sell records :P They are fairly well known in America and have a small but good fanbase.

Its all a bit repetetive but they said that themselves on the TV3 interview, they said they know its boring to watch for an hour and a half. So they try mix it up with a lot of comedy etc.

Its novelty and its brilliant i think :) haha

I started a thread on this in gigs & events a few weeks ago, pity some of you guys didn't notice it. The show was fantastic, all four of them were hilarious and note perfect!

It was good? Yeah they are brilliant singers :) and they clearly love every second of it too which is great :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

It was good? Yeah they are brilliant singers :) and they clearly love every second of it too which is great :)

Better than good, fantastic. The comedy skits between songs never failed to earn laughs all around and they sounded just as good, if not better, as they do in the youtube videos posted above.

Advertisement